Author Topic: [solved] Duplicates in the Library  (Read 1550 times)

z-vap

Ok so I have my library of songs.  There now are other people in the house connecting to my library, and listening to my music; I had setup a musicbee install on their laptop allowing them to search and listen.

Yesterday one of them came to me and told me that their musicbee program had duplicates (and triplicates) of most of the songs.  What can i do to allow their library to update or clean its duplicates without actually deleting any of my music files?
Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 05:58:45 PM by z-vap

phred

• Global Moderator
MusicBee was never designed to be a multi-user application. What you are experiencing is the result of more than one user.
I suggest searching the forum for 'multi-user' and in particular, this thread: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=2989.msg15684#msg15684
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

z-vap

I figured out the duplicates, they had copies of many of the LP's in their "C:\Users\<<USER>>\Music" folder.  I removed those and the duplicates are gone.

However I discovered another issue unrelated to the duplicates. which i will open under a new thread.

thanks

EDIT: that was solved also. When I installed MusicBee,  I left the layout as it was (new style).  I noticed that some of the newer added albums were not displaying in the first "Music" tab.  But they were displaying under the "Music Explorer" tab.  Turns out they were going into the "Inbox" which I could not find. 

Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 06:14:46 PM by z-vap