Author Topic: Error When Subscribing to or Downloading Podcasts  (Read 1678 times)

midnight

Hi, I'm an avid podcast listener who has many subscriptions in order to keep track of them all. When I began using MusicBee 3, whenever I try to subscribe to more than 19 podcasts, an error window pops up (message pasted below). Errors like this also happen when I try to download episodes after reaching the 19 subscription limit. I have tried reinstalling musicbee over and over again, but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Error message:

MusicBee v3.0.6132.15853 (Win10.0), 10 Dec 2016 18:47:

System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The Uri string is too long.
   at System.UriHelper.EscapeString(String input, Int32 start, Int32 end, Char[] dest, Int32& destPos, Boolean isUriString, Char force1, Char force2, Char rsvd)
   at System.Uri.EscapeDataString(String stringToEscape)
   at #=qxn9XHbdOdu5M3LukP25vHkoFxC7e5OaH7ZGihFF1xktvJTeejuwWmJkDbbyme_cv.#=qVod5RNTo21CqBRohGl0ZS4DO1DWZL1cZg7csgu37WU4=()
   at #=qxn9XHbdOdu5M3LukP25vHkoFxC7e5OaH7ZGihFF1xktvJTeejuwWmJkDbbyme_cv.#=qgp8E$WFavmKjF0UW7vh0TQ==(#=q1oiyC_18V5DS5pCa9FgcrGPgdqxMECKN2K227m6Ragg= #=qAiIBKnS8ReHXpKxuvANuig==, Boolean #=q_n9URWe5hJg10T2nlfcOXw==)
   at #=qnZPXy9u78o1VUDYfQEzVux51CcH$pRllO1m6l7AlpyATFVp2p6TMUI6PxKlznTv4.#=q1Q_6r_g4JjrkL8oetqG8_szJL6FW2sIddGQvFpVt0a8=(Object #=qgNnnn2cjXIe7NrIxCGHbog==, EventArgs #=qINWJL$SCK_MUcEE0d$2Qbg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at #=qpmbCy6$8nw3GHdJOt3dWB9LVY$PziyOdj$qD5oKiNoU=.OnClick(EventArgs #=qflRl3I9GUBaC$iYMhJ22sg==)
   at #=qpmbCy6$8nw3GHdJOt3dWB9LVY$PziyOdj$qD5oKiNoU=.#=qhaY04c$SRU8J$BcX_iAmxQkqCsTV3Cs6pbA6$m3lwI8=(Object #=qPYrSe2ju65m5ileAj1Nwpg==, EventArgs #=qQmeC0lidsxd9ZdJFd5nkag==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
It will be one of your existing subscriptions that has corrupt data. Unfortunately the only suggestion i have is to delete the MusicBee/Podcasts/subscriptions.dat file first before starting MB and if that doesnt work also the subscriptions.bak file
Before you do that you could try exporting the subscriptions so after the subscriptions file has been deleted you can re-import. If you send me a link to the exported subscriptions file i will take a quick look and see if there is any obvious bugs in MB

edit:
could you send me a link to the subscriptions.dat file
Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 10:40:23 AM by Steven

midnight

The problem seems to be gone after I downgraded to musicbee 2.5 and then upgraded to 3.0. (I did not delete subscriptions.dat or subscriptions.bak.) So far there is no more error pop ups or anything like that. Thank you for replying.

This is my current subscription.dat if it's still needed. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9k4gy9776hgt369/Subscriptions.dat?dl=0

Steven

• Administrator
I am not sure what to make of the issue as i cant reproduce any problems.
There is no 19 subscription limit.
I guess i will leave this unsolved. But if it happens again, send me a copy of subscriptions.dat as soon as it happens

Steven

• Administrator
I have put in some handling to reduce the text length if its too long:

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip and replace the existing musicbee files