Author Topic: detect songs that are in multiple playlists?  (Read 1539 times)

MusicIsCrazy159

is there any way to select a song, an MP3 file, and determine which playlists it resides in

I have some .WMA files, I am converting them to .MP3.
I know these files may exist in multiple playlists, and I want to make sure that I update those playlists to reflect the .MP3 files instead of the .WMA files.

but I can't figure out which playlists the  File-music.WMA may exist in, so I can then edit those playlists once I add the .MP3 files to MusicBee

thanks
nick

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can see all playlists that a file is in if you right click on it and go to Search > Find in Playlist (or something like that).

However, if you're just converting the files with MusicBee the playlists will update automatically.  If you're replacing the .wma files with separate .mp3 files, you can use the Send To > Folder (Replace) command, and MusicBee will also update the links in playlists automatically.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
You can see all playlists that a file is in if you right click on it and go to Search > Find in Playlist (or something like that).
I just want to add a couple of comments to the OP.
- When you first click on Locate in Playlist, MB will pop up with "No Playlists." Ignore that and be patient!!! If it's in a playlist, it will show up within 7 seconds.
- If you have auto-playlists, it will take a little while for MB to track down the playlists in which the selected track resides. Again - be patient.

I have over 80 auto-playlists and MB takes about 5-7 seconds to complete the search. Steven was somewhat hesitant to add auto-playlists to the 'locate in playlist' search because of the amount of time it would take to search. I told him that (to me) having the function available was more important than the amount of time the search would take. That's why I'm alerting you to be patient.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here