Author Topic: Song Pop Up album art ?  (Read 2323 times)

ma_t14

From my understanding song pops, when the player is in mini mode, don't take advantage of album art retrieval from the Internet the same way it happens in the main player if no current album art is embedded or saved on the drive.  Instead it just shows as blank artwork. It should first retrieve the picture from the net and then display it. That way even if album art is not present on the hd it will still consistently show in the pop ups as long as it is able to retrieve one from the web.

Steven

• Administrator
to retrieve artwork from the internet can take some time - i would expect most people would want the notification to popup straight away. I guess it could show the internet artwork if retrieved in time before the popup disappears.
Also the current behavior is once the artwork has been retrieved, its cached so should show the next time

ma_t14

I'm not really sure people would want the popup to pop straight away if they knew it would be blank, don't you think ;) A behavior to wait for the image to be downloaded would be better. Next time the popup will pop straight away anyway, but for the first time a small wait is necessary I believe