Author Topic: Cue sheet for several files as playlist  (Read 5428 times)

hellomusic

Steven,

i use cuesheets a lot as playlists, and i would like to have the single songs shown in musicbee. I don't use the left explorer pane, where somethimes it can help selecting them and then the single files will indeed show in the main window.

As important: i also noted musicbee not opening some of these cuesheets at all when right clicking them and sending them to musicbee to use as a playlist.

Here's an example of a cue sheet:

REM DISCID 820E780A
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.95b2"
PERFORMER "Joshua Redman"
TITLE "Wish"
FILE "CDImage.ape" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Joshua Redman - Turnaround"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Joshua Redman - Soul Dance"
    INDEX 00 06:24:33
    INDEX 01 06:25:43

the .ape file will play, but then it's an album long single track.
(not to be of nuissance, solely to show it is indeed possible: winamp can do it, i just tested)

Kind regards
Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 12:49:32 PM by hellomusic

Steven

• Administrator
in the current version, the cuesheet needs to be named the same as the music file otherwise it wont load the cuesheet

i can add right click context menu support for cuesheet in windows explorer and also show the cuesheet in the computer section of musicbee where it will display the cuesheet as a playlist.
However because of the way i have implemented playlists, you wouldnt be able to see the cuesheet as a playlist in the playlists section (unless of course you create a real playlist from the cuesheet).

How does your current software allow you to view the cuesheet (via windows explorer or some internal file explorer like musicbee's ?)

hellomusic

In winamp i use the dll's of plugins cue-player & cue-navigator.
Now i can just drop the cue sheet into the program en it sorts itself out by creating virtual files inside of the player window (oftentimes by just clicking it won't do it and i have to really drop the cue-sheets thereinto)

It would be a bummer not to be able to see the separate songs in the player window, as i don't use the computer window at all in musicbee. Still, if i could somehow create my own playlist that would help.

Thanks!
Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 05:31:15 AM by hellomusic

Steven

• Administrator
its no problem to split the files - thats already supported. I'm just trying to understand how you find and activate .cue files.
You are just dragging the .cue file from windows explorer into the plugin window?

hellomusic

from windows explorer just dropping them into the playlist (the main, and only, window that is), can't be simpler.

the .cue filetype i have assiociated with winamp, however just doubleclicking it doesn't always result in the file to be opened, dropping it does.

hellomusic

Something funny happened:

I first dropped this cue sheet into the musicbee player window, and nothing happened. But then i dropped the flac file (whole album in 1 file) behind it into the player window and suddenly the separate tracks appeared and i could choose and skip between them.  Great! This doesn't work for the cue sheet i posted at the beginning of this thread though, don't know why.

TITLE "Honky Chateau SACD"
PERFORMER "Elton John"
CATALOG 0602498240304
REM GENRE "Pop"
REM DATE 1972
REM DISCNUMBER 1
REM TOTALDISCS 1
REM DISCID 8C0B620B
FILE "Honky Chateau SACD.flac" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Honky Cat"
    SONGWRITER "Bernie Taupin/Elton John"
    ISRC GBAMB7200002
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Mellow"
    SONGWRITER "Bernie Taupin/Elton John"
    ISRC GBAMB7200003
    INDEX 01 05:13:68

ps. in winamp i created an mp3 playlist, of this album, based on the showing of the seperate tracks within this 1 flac file, but musicbee doesn't add, nor play it.

Here is that playlist m3u file:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:313,Elton John - Honky Cat
D:\Muziek\STRNGS\Elton John - Honky Chateau\Honky Chateau SACD.cue,1
#EXTINF:333,Elton John - Mellow
D:\Muziek\STRNGS\Elton John - Honky Chateau\Honky Chateau SACD.cue,2

Regards.

Steven

• Administrator
i've added support to be able to associate .cue  files with musicbee so you can double click from windows explorer or you can drag/drop the .cue file into a playlist or the now playing list.

hellomusic

Excellent!
Tried several, all work.
Good man, thanks!
Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 12:24:24 AM by hellomusic