Author Topic: Getting static when playing on Musicbee. not happening on Windows Media Player  (Read 2487 times)

movebetter

MB 3
Win. 7 pro
Getting static when playing on Musicbee. not happening on Windows Media Player. Any suggestions. I have an event in 2 days where i planned to use a Playlist from MB.

Steven

• Administrator
When did this start happening and what output mode are you using eg. DirectSound/ ASIO/ WASAPI ?
Also did you report this issue to another application that uses the BASS library by any chance?

movebetter

. just started happening. how would i check the output mode? i never changed it.

i dont understand your question but i didnt as far as i know. "Also did you report this issue to another application that uses the BASS library by any chance?"

it gets better if i change the equalizer setting to "Club". it seems to be the only one that helps.

phred

• Global Moderator
. just started happening. how would i check the output mode? i never changed it.
Preferences > Player > Audio Player > Output
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
- also in addition to the output mode (Preferences > Player > Audio Player > Output),
- can you also confirm that it happens with all of the following: MP3, AAC and FLAC files if you have them (or some other file format you might have)

Steven

• Administrator
You are not going to get anywhere unless you put a bit of thought and effort into this.
For example, i expect you would have tried your non-mp3 files and the other output settings and reported the results.
I think i will leave this issue unresolved

movebetter

sorry, my computer and technical knowledge and understanding is limited. i did spent a lot of time searching and trying different things. I did discover that when i changed the equalizer setting that it helped. Your response seems very unfriendly. do you expect all MusicBee users to be computer savvy?

hiccup

Your remark about the equalizer playing a role here could indicate that your distortion is a result of too high volume levels. You could investigate the volume levels as set in, or influenced by: Windows (mixers), your soundcard drivers and settings, MusicBee's dsp and pre-amp settings, replaygain (adjusted too high?), etc. etc.

If you are in need of using the equaliser, try to make a habit of lowering the levels you experience as being too loud, instead of increasing the bands you experience as too soft.

movebetter

thanks, i tried the player output setting to WASAPI did it 2 times and both times it caused a blue screen crash. i put it back to Directsound and now seems to be playing good.