Author Topic: Auto-playlist changes  (Read 18533 times)

Steven

• Administrator
This was a nasty surprise and I'm mad at myself for catching this just now and not disabusing this idea earlier.  Now, a user has to manually edit each xautopf to include "LiveUpdating="True"" (392 xautopf's for me) to re-establish traditional and expected behavior for autoplayists in MB. >:(
you dont need to update them all, only the ones that were saved with .snap files
I will fix the bug with the incorrect defaulting of that setting later today

theta_wave

you dont need to update them all, only the ones that were saved with .snap files
I will fix the bug with the incorrect defaulting of that setting later today
Yes, I now realize this was a bug.  The 391 .snap files I just deleted took up 86MB in my playlist directory.  Thank you for responding to my bug post so quickly.  I appreciate it.

a2a

Quote: "If one uses itunes, jriver media center or mediamonkey, the behavior in those programs is that smart/autoplayists automatically refresh, hence their name."

Steven, please could we just have the application behaviour to that of iTunes' smart play list?

theta_wave

Quote: "If one uses itunes, jriver media center or mediamonkey, the behavior in those programs is that smart/autoplayists automatically refresh, hence their name."

Steven, please could we just have the application behaviour to that of iTunes' smart play list?
Well, the latest 6286 patch now defaults to the standard auto-refreshing autoplaylists for old MB autoplaylists that do not have 'LiveUpdating="True"' in the second line of the associated xautopf file.  Before the patch, there was a bug that treated the omission of 'LiveUpdating' (in all autoplaylists created during MB v3.0) as LiveUpdating="False".  But hey, those of us who frequently update to the latest MB patch are beta testers after all.  Thankfully, MB has largely been pretty stable on my machine, and I hope for others as well.
Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 08:50:24 PM by theta_wave

a2a

This experience is all that's missing to make my Auto Playlists perfection, could I kindly and respectfully ask for this to be considered please? Thank you :)

VolkerS

This experience is all that's missing to make my Auto Playlists perfection, could I kindly and respectfully ask for this to be considered please? Thank you :)

I also vote for this change!

MB looks so perfect for me, but this little thing unfortunately disturbs the picture. Thanks in advance!
And now for something completely different...

Steven

• Administrator
The request was implemented but there was a bug in some cases where it didnt work. Its fixed in the soon to be released version available on the first forum topic

VolkerS

Oh, thanks for the info! Sounds great!  :)
And now for something completely different...

namrustler

If you have an Auto-Playlist where both automatic refresh and automatic export a static copy are enabled, then should Shuffle List result in the static copy being refreshed, and hence re-randomized?.

For me the static copy does get updated in 3.3.7165.

Steven

• Administrator
If you have an Auto-Playlist where both automatic refresh and automatic export a static copy are enabled, then should Shuffle List result in the static copy being refreshed, and hence re-randomized?.

For me the static copy does get updated in 3.3.7165.

The request was implemented but there was a bug in some cases where it didnt work. Its fixed in the soon to be released version available on the first forum topic

namrustler

Thanks.

Has anyone ever asked about adding an option to both shuffle a static list and update the play order in a single option from the context menu?

namrustler

I downloaded the new version and created an Auto Playlist. Shuffle mode is random, selection by track, and both automatic refresh and automatic export are selected. However, shuffling the list did not update the exported M3U file, but sorting the list by any any of the columns did.

The only rule is to match songs that are in a static playlist. This may seem silly, but the sole reason for doing this is to be able to shuffle my playlists with minimum action. Shuffling a static playlist requires selecting two options from the context menu (shuffle, followed by update).

If I create a static playlist, and then an auto playlist based on membership in the static playlist, I was hoping to just shuffle the list and then the exported list would be re-randomized.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Blast Wave

Hy all!

I suggest to add a button "collapse/expand all subfolders/folders" in the auto-playlist --> folder settings, beacuse its a pain to click the little arrows or hit the key every time I want to clean the tree view a little.
https://imgur.com/digk4or
https://imgur.com/wapZ9GU