Author Topic: Ctrl + Mousewheel to resize artwork  (Read 5244 times)

ild2

Hi,

could you please add ctrl (hold) + mousewheel as a shortcut to resize the images in artwork mode? It's standard behaviour in a lot of applications (Windows Explorer, browsers etc) and I find myself missing it ;)

Thanks

ma_t14

Standard behaviour in browsers, pdf/office/image viewers... etc. I like the idea  :)

+1

jistme

Not sure if we mean the same thing, but for me it would be very nice to have it possible to be to be able to show albumart fullscreen, preferrably toggling it with a hotkey.

Steven

• Administrator

ma_t14

this is done for the next version 2 update

A potential problem that I haven't thought about is when you are selecting multiple albums (artwork view makes that much easier) and you have to scroll down to select more. I keep the ctrl key pressed and that I imagine would interfere with the new functionality.

From that point of view  -1

...or maybe make it optional  :-\
Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:40:23 PM by ma_t14

VX

Ma_t14, I've suggested the solution to avoid the issue you are afraid (the quote is from the link I mentioned above in the topic):

1. When Artwork view is used in the Main Panel there is a very useful feature: a small slider to zoom in and out.
Make the slider available for other views in Main Panel (Album and Track and Track Details) for readability reasons.

The slider is very small, doesn't clutter the interface and is very handy to use. It would be great when in Track Details view I could change the font size by zooming in with the slider. The zoom in/out function would apply for the Main Panel only and the solution would be consistent with the one used for Artwork View.

2. Alternatively, you could add Zoom Main Panel option the View menu. It could look like this:

View/ Zoom Main Panel - Zoom in (Ctrl+ +)
                                    - Zoom out (Ctrl + -)
                                    - Reset (Ctrl + 0)

The shortcuts shown above are used by default for zooming in majority Internet browsers, so it's worth to add it to MusicBee to cover the zoom function in Main Panel (that works as a kind of browser for music collection).

3. Finally, you could provide a solution that is a combination of the first and second one.

Personally, I'd prefer the solution no.2 as it standard behaviour for many applications.

ild2

A potential problem that I haven't thought about is when you are selecting multiple albums (artwork view makes that much easier) and you have to scroll down to select more. I keep the ctrl key pressed and that I imagine would interfere with the new functionality.
You have have to let go of the ctrl-key, scroll with the mousewheel, press ctrl again and select more albums. It's not different from e.g. Windows Explorer..

ma_t14

You have have to let go of the ctrl-key, scroll with the mousewheel, press ctrl again and select more albums. It's not different from e.g. Windows Explorer..

I guess its a bad habit I got from using MusicBee and not having to worry about zooming  ::)

It's up to Steven to decide...  :)

Steven

• Administrator

ild2

Thanks Steven! :) The mousewheel now scrolls *and* resizes while holding ctrl though, which is a bit irritating ;)
Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:29:12 PM by ild2