Author Topic: Dragging&dropping file on "Unknown subscription" node does not reorganise in 3.0  (Read 2695 times)

klint

Hi
I recall a different (and more convenient ;) ) behaviour in MB2.5 for the following:
Drag&drop a downloaded file from windows explorer to the "Unknown subscription" Podcast node.
The file appears in the Unknown subscription section in MB3. But the file has not been moved to the Library\Podcasts\Unknown folder on the disk, as it would have in MB 2.5 (as far as I remember). Which used to be very handy :)
Cheers

klint

Furthermore (I don't know whether it is related to the above topic, but something else is odd.

As the file was not moved to the right folder on the disk, I did it manually (right click/edit/rename, by using the target folder and no pattern).
Result is:
- the file has been moved correctly on the disk
- but the podcast entry in MB still points to the original file location (where the file is absent, of course).

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
As the file was not moved to the right folder on the disk, I did it manually (right click/edit/rename, by using the target folder and no pattern).
Result is:
- the file has been moved correctly on the disk
- but the podcast entry in MB still points to the original file location (where the file is absent, of course).
you need to click the Save button in the Tag Editor dialog itself for the rename to be performed. I agree the UI doesnt make that obvious so i will make a change for that.
If you did infact click Save, then I can't reproduce any issues

klint

Hi Steven

I did press Save actually.

Here is what I used :

On saving, everything is correct (file has been moved, path is the new one in the "Edit" window, entry in the podcast list is ok).
But when I restart MB (I actually forgot this important step in my original post, sorry), the entry in the podcast list is there but empty, and the path in the "Edit" window points to the old location.

Can you now reproduce it by restarting MB?

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator

klint

Confirmed. Thanks Steven.

By the way, what about my initial question :) :
I recall a different (and more convenient ;) ) behaviour in MB2.5 for the following:
Drag&drop a downloaded file from windows explorer to the "Unknown subscription" Podcast node.
The file appears in the Unknown subscription section in MB3. But the file has not been moved to the Library\Podcasts\Unknown folder on the disk, as it would have in MB 2.5 (as far as I remember).
Thanks