Author Topic: Custom Views & other questions.  (Read 17146 times)

krissasaur

the music explorer panel will do something like that

I was looking at that, but it removes the ability to easily sort and rate stuff, which kind of defeats the purpose of seeing all the tracks for me. It also breaks how I sort my music (but I admit I do it in a weird way. I make the album artist for any soloist the group they were from. i.e The 'album artist' for Paul McCartney would be tagged as The Beatles. My logic behind this is I will completely forget solo and associated acts even exist otherwise.... and this doesn't mess up my last.fm.)

When I moved from Winamp to MusicBee, it was hard to get used to the new behavior.
Unequivocally +1.

It is annoying because so many things come /so close/ to how we are used to it!! Overall I think I am enjoying it, though. (That, and my Winamp crashes 9/10 on launch, lately.)

krissasaur

In Album and Tracks view is there a way to make the 'grouping header' behave the way 'sub-grouping header' does? I want the information above the tracks.... Because if I don't have it there the album titles are too long and get cut off.

I want it like this, but this just leaves a huge gap I can't close???

and if I move that to the 'grouping header I get:

I don't want it above the album. I want it over the tracks. It also is still has that space if its above so....

I can also get rid of that space by telling it to put the tags below the artwork... but that also wont work as that too will cut things off:

I just don't want to use the grouping header at all??

NOT AT ALL PLEASE?

I don't know. If anyone understand what I am trying to accomplish and if there is a way to do it please let me know.

This is how I would idealy like it to look actually. I had to make the font-size 1. Is there a way to just get rid of that text from even showing??

Sorry for being so long winded. I just feel its better for us all if I explain what I have tried.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can "hack" this by putting the fields below the artwork, but just leaving one field there and making it small/same color as the background/mostly transparent.  Similar to what you already did.  Then use the subgroup header as you please.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

krissasaur

Okay thanks. I have run into another issue. How do I drag and drop new artists into my library. I did this.. and it just asks to retag them, which I accidentally clicked yes on and now I am in tears. Also can I turn off this option to retag when I drop because I see myself messing this up in the future a lot.....

Also, is there a setting I am missing to automatically scan for changes because it isn't working and you said Musicbee does this. I keep having to manually make things update.

I fixed the tags I just broke with drag and drop... and they aren't changing in Musicbee. (Unless I do Send To > File Rescan manually.)
Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 04:10:11 PM by krissasaur

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are the files you're changing in a monitored folder?

As for drag & drop, just drag them to the left navigator or a tab header for the node you're adding them to.  Or use a monitored folder to import them automatically, which is what I do.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

krissasaur

Yea, They are, I am pretty sure?

So there isn't a way to disable the retagging when drag and drop to column browser on accident?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yea, They are, I am pretty sure?

Yeah, looks like.  What kind of drive is Z:?

So there isn't a way to disable the retagging when drag and drop to column browser on accident?

No, you can't turn that function off.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

krissasaur

Z:/ is the drive I have all my music on. I set it to Z:/ years ago because I am constantly reformatting and I figured Z:/ is something that I can keep constant. If you meant specifics, here.

Ah dang........ Welp I guess there will be hours of fixing tags in my future because I am click happy with dialogue boxes lol.

--

Sorry. I have another question. Is there an option to NEVER have it open in the taskbar? I have it open 24/7 so I would like it in the notification area only.

--

Maybe I should start another topic for this, but I already feel bad for asking so many things.

Does anyone know what is controlling the red here? I can't find anything in the skins code that is red... unless I am blind. I am editing it from "SKBee_Base.xml" here.
Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 11:20:05 PM by krissasaur

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah, I meant is it an internal drive, or USB, or NAS, or whatever.  Internal drives should be the least problematic, weird.  If you post it in the bugs forum, maybe Steven will have an idea what could be wrong.

I think the taskbar thing would have to go on the wishlist.

That red is the default color for that area.  There is an element to change it, but that's an older skin and probably doesn't contain the element.  I think it's this one (taken from my own skin, Mellon Remix):

<element id="NowPlayingTrackInfo" bg="Green" fg="Black" />
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

krissasaur

Ah yea I may so that.

Okay. If I make Wishlist posts do I make a separate one for each request I have?

Oh I see! Okay! If you don't mind I will look through your skin for other differences. There are a few other things I couldn't find, so it was probably that.

(Also that was the code, so thanks!)

--

I actually do have another question (I never stop.... I am so sorry...) regarding the panels. Is there a way to hide the bottom panel? How can I explain this....

I want the bottom panel in my music library tab, but I would like to be able to hide it in the now playing tab... as that tab has its own 'player controls.' But I can't seem to figure out how to hide the bottom panel in that view?

The now playing tab only has these options:

Either that or is there a way to hid the second 'player controls.' I see that you can in the ~normal mode, but what about in the Theater Mode (Rdio in particular.) I love how this looks for casual DJ-ing when I have friends over, but the dual player controls make it so I don't really want to use it.

--

And yet another thing popped up. Is there a way to hide the top 4 boxes in column view when on certain smart playlists? I can make it automatically change what type of view it is, and what is displayed in the bottom section... but I can't seem to have the top part autohide. I wanted to use the "album covers' view for my soundtrack playlists.

How I want my main window to look:

How I want the playlists too look:
Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 04:20:00 PM by krissasaur

redwing

1. I had the same issue (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=19840.0) but now it's easy to adjust thanks to the addition of quick settings menu (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18109.0). You will need to use the latest patch for the feature.

2. Use different tabs for different nodes. Each tab remembers its own setting. Also note you can pin a tab.

Steven

• Administrator
for v3.1 i have modified the behavior of the artwork panel (album covers view). When the tracks list is displayed at the bottom of the panel, now when no picture is selected eg. click a artist in the column browser, the tracks list will show all tracks for the clicked artist. When you click an album cover only the album tracks will show (as now)

krissasaur

1. I had the same issue (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=19840.0) but now it's easy to adjust thanks to the addition of quick settings menu (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18109.0). You will need to use the latest patch for the feature.

2. Use different tabs for different nodes. Each tab remembers its own setting. Also note you can pin a tab.

I will look into this! Thanks! EDIT: I installed the patch and am failing to see what changed and have no idea what I am even looking for haha.

for v3.1 i have modified the behavior of the artwork panel (album covers view). When the tracks list is displayed at the bottom of the panel, now when no picture is selected eg. click a artist in the column browser, the tracks list will show all tracks for the clicked artist. When you click an album cover only the album tracks will show (as now)

You are a saint. Thank you so much. This is exactly what I wanted.

Also still wondering if there is a way to turn off the auto hiding (of the playlist, search, etc.) on the mini player.

EDIT: I don''t know why but after I installed the patch which was... completely unrelated to this proble... it seems like it has started to actually monitor my files like it was supposed to. Yay! It is so fast at finding things too??? Wow. I am impressed.
Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 12:49:50 AM by krissasaur

redwing

I was referring to the quick settings drop-down menu from Configure Layout button. It allows the user to show/hide main player controls even in now playing tab.

krissasaur

Ah I see! Thanks!

@psychoadept if it is okay with you I am going to remake my skin from your theme since you said the one I was editing from was dated.

EDIT: A new day, a new question. How do I get it to stop creating a new tab every time I play a playlist... It is starting to drive me insane.

Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 08:57:50 AM by krissasaur