Author Topic: Vertical tag editor  (Read 5793 times)

fabulario

I think it would be a good option if the tag editor could be displayed vertically.

It could be docked at the left or right side of the main panel, or even better could be included as an element in the side panels, so that clicking on its tab the album or song tags will be shown.

This way is no longer needed separate the main tags into two tabs, and it would be easier to have a complete view using the vertical scroll bar.

With a collapsable horizontal division you could show or hide the different sections what are now tabs (artwork, lyrics, etc).

Also, i would like to choose which tags are displayed. There are several tags that I never use, and hiding them would make it easier to navigate through the panel.

I would also like to be able to reorder tags. Just an example: I use a custom tag for styles, and I would like to place it after the genre tag.

And a minor request: The save icon is a little "old". It could be changed?

PD: Sorry for my bad english.
Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 05:32:35 AM by psychoadept

Sofocl

All offers +1.
Sorry for my bad English.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
+1
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

Dave Dee

+1

Also it would be great to indicate to the user which tags are embedded within the file, and which ones are stored in the MB database. Very educational to file-tagging novices like myself.

BTW fabulario, your English is absolutely fine!

alec.tron

A lot of +1s from me for both of these / i.e. more a customizable tag editor:

i would like to choose which tags are displayed. There are several tags that I never use, and hiding them would make it easier to navigate through the panel.

I would also like to be able to reorder tags. Just an example: I use a custom tag for styles, and I would like to place it after the genre tag.

Also it would be great to indicate to the user which tags are embedded within the file, and which ones are stored in the MB database. Very educational to file-tagging novices like myself.

Cheers.
c.

ost

redwing

+1

I'm using horizontal column browser and tag editor docked at the bottom when editing tags which leaves little space for the main panel.
Vertical tag editor would allow more space to view the main panel. Also it would be great if the user could choose which tags are displayed.

@fabulario: I'd suggest "Vertical" be added to the subject so that people can easily see what this request is about.
Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 04:59:53 AM by redwing

fabulario

@fabulario: I'd suggest "Vertical" be added to the subject so that people can easily see what this request is about.

Thanks. Very useful now that Steven is thinking about this.