Author Topic: Custom tag fields w click-able visual representations (like Rating stars) ?  (Read 2263 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
I don't think this is possible (?) but I would love to be able to set up a custom column (similar to 'Rating') where values get represented by click-able icons (ideally, icon & related value would be exposed to the user).

Churs.
c.
Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 05:54:48 AM by alec.tron

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You could hack it with a custom field (or "mood" or such) and highlighting with icons.  I agree, it would be nice to have that functionality for other fields.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

alec.tron

I would also love to re-map the bomb for 0-rated to some other icon, or even just an ASCII sign... as is, when quickly scanning over tracks in MB gui (list view), I find 1-bomb (zero rated) hard to tell apart from 1-star (1 rated mp3 / 20 rated flac), whereas their use case is vastly differnt (for me), and they should communicate which is which more visually/easily in my book .
Churs.
c.

alec.tron

Bump...
Additionally - having the option to disable/lock click-able columns (Rating/Stars as well as the suggested customizable values...) in Musicbee would be great!
Cheers.
c.

alec.tron

Oh, also to give some practical examples, I would like to use this for 3 "ranged" values:
Ratings - via 0-5 star icons (whereas here I would love to replace the 'bomb' icon = zero rated with something else as I find it very difficult, when quick scrolling, to tell 1 bomb or 1 star apart...)
Energy - via 0-5 Bomb icons (for example)
Mood - light to dark - no idea how to visualize that or put into digits... but, I would find that very helpful (moreso than the current descriptor dictionary of unrelated / unsortable string/word values)

Cheers.
c.