Author Topic: Shuffle highlight  (Read 1950 times)

markwilliamsweb

Just a tiny bug here. When you right click on a playlist or library and choose "Play shuffled", the shuffle icon doesn't highlight white. The library does shuffle though.

I'm on 3.0.6129 using the Dark Red theme.

Thanks

redwing

I think "Play shuffled" and enabling shuffle mode are different. The former only shuffles tracks in the node for one-time-playing whereas the latter shuffles tracks in every node all the time.

markwilliamsweb

I think "Play shuffled" and enabling shuffle mode are different. The former only shuffles tracks in the node for one-time-playing whereas the latter shuffles tracks in every node all the time.

I see what you are saying and if this is the case then there clearly isn't an issue. However I am very sure it used to highlight.

Also just noticed that "Play library shuffled doesn't work". When I right click and select the option it selects a track, but then carries onto the next one on the album.

redwing

Also just noticed that "Play library shuffled doesn't work". When I right click and select the option it selects a track, but then carries onto the next one on the album.

Yes, looks like a bug. It works only for playlists, but not for library (filters). Happens both with v3.0 & v3.1.

Steven

• Administrator
i cant reproduce this, even in the cases redwing mentions. Could you post a screenshot so i can see your layout and also indicate where you are right clicking

redwing

I was referring to right-clicking a library filter/playlist node in left navigator> Play (library) shuffled.

Library node plays in "shuffle by album" mode even though that setting is disabled in now playing setting. Only with track details view in the main pane it shuffles by track.

By contrast, doing it for playlists node always shuffles by track regardless of selected view.

Steven

• Administrator
it was using the current view to determine whether to shuffle by album. I have changed the next v3.1 patch so it always uses the "shuffle by" setting

redwing

It's now working consistently. Thanks!