Author Topic: Artist picture in the main panel  (Read 8587 times)

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

Just tried v3.1 yet it has some issues.
When placed along with filtering browsers in the main panel, it doesn't work correctly. The top of the filtering browser cuts off, and the tickbox for stacking should be removed as it makes no sense in the main panel. And never use it with horizontal column browser as the artist picture element no longer shows up. PMed my setting file - the element is put in the main panel in panel configuration settings but it doesn't show up.

Steven

• Administrator
i was able to have a look at your settings this morning. The artist picture is 0 height, so just drag the panel to give it some height. I will investigate why it defaulted to 0 height and the vertical column browser arrangement issue.

redwing

You're right. It was reduced to 0 height.
Some other issues:

- It needs a minimum height. I just reduced it to "below 0" size by dragging horizontal column browser below it up to the caption bar. Now I can't resize artist picture element anymore. (I found a way to recover it. Remove the element from the main panel, exit, run v3.0, exit, and then run v3.1 again)
- The order of elements matters. Try column browser/thumbnail browser/artist picture/files order for the main panel and you will see it breaks the UI.
- Maybe some elements (or some layouts) shouldn't be allowed to be placed in the main panel along with artist picture element to make things simpler.

redwing

These issues persist.

- It needs a minimum height. I just reduced it to "below 0" size by dragging horizontal column browser below it up to the caption bar. Now I can't resize artist picture element anymore.
- The order of elements matters. Try column browser/thumbnail browser/artist picture/files order for the main panel and you will see it breaks the UI.

Steven

• Administrator
is the modification time of musicbee.exe 19:04 and the file size=6201 ?
its working fine (now) for me

redwing

Steven

• Administrator
using your settings file where the column browser is not included i can reproduce the 2nd issue only. Thats fixed now:

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

redwing

PMed my settings file. You will see artist picture element has "below 0" height.

Steven

• Administrator
i have put in handling for existing cases where it is <0 but it shouldnt be possible to create that situation in the newer versions

redwing

Thanks but still it easily breaks the UI.
Add column browser and thumbnail browser to the main panel as well and try changing the layout of column browser from horizontal to vertical, etc. (PMed my settings file again)

Steven

• Administrator
this should address the issue from your settings file but i dont have time for now to go through the steps to reproduce and trap other conditions that might cause issues

edit:
i think i know how you are triggering the unexpected conditions. Its the order the artist picture is arranged in the configuration dialog - whether its before or after the column browser/ thumb browser. You will still be able to break things but i wont fix it until tomorrow
Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 09:50:43 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
i have made a more complete fix for the issue i found. Same link as before. Its only partially tested though