Author Topic: Have multiple libraries open in different tabs  (Read 2258 times)

Jfair

I was hinted to move this into a request  8) . A next step in multiple libraries would be the possibility to have them next to each other in the tabs one way or another. Steady as you go!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1, but I can imagine this being more complicated than it sounds.

For instance, if you were running Auto-DJ, MusicBee would need to know which library you wanted it to use
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

theta_wave

I respect the OP's desires to have multiple libraries, but isn't it easier to keep everything in one library and make liberal use of filters and autoplaylists when sorting/categorizing one's collection?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I respect the OP's desires to have multiple libraries, but isn't it easier to keep everything in one library and make liberal use of filters and autoplaylists when sorting/categorizing one's collection?

Usually, but not always.  I finally turned my holiday music into a separate library because it's not worth the hassle of having to work around it 11 months of the year.  So I just got it out if my way.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Jfair

To Ssri:

It makes sense, but honestly it is just simpler to make multiple libraries for me. I'm not really interested in the audiobooks for the kids, e.g., which are 'handled' by a separate library, to give you the extreme example.
It is a wish for me, but I can live with the things Musicbee gives me already.
I only saw the browser like tab-thing and was thinking... Could it be possible?