Author Topic: Tags are lost while Synch to Phone  (Read 4222 times)

twildeboer

Hello,

I have the music titels in musicbee with tags and cover. When I synch the playlist with my smartphone, on the phone is no interpreter, cover,... How can i get the data synched?

Thanks for answers in advance.

regards,
Thomas

phred

• Global Moderator
Is the music being sync'd but not the artwork?
Is the artwork embedded in the music file or is it a separate image file?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

twildeboer

The music is synced to smartphone, but the music apps on phone dontshow interpreter and no cover. I tried both options, cover in file and cover in folder. The most used app on my android is phonograph, but i also tried the pre-installed music app.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Ah, yes. Android. I'm not sure what phone you have or what version of Android you're running, but it's a common complaint that the media storage can be easily corrupted on many Android phones that have been produced through the years. It could also be that your tags aren't compatible with your phone. In short, there are many possible causes. My suggestion to you would be to google the model of your phone followed by album art not showing and read the solutions that others have discovered.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

theta_wave

If you can, transfer a few files directly from your phone to your PC and use either mediainfo or mp3tag 3rd party programs to see if they contain any tags.

twildeboer

I looked at the files from phone with mediainfo. The tags are filled, but there are also tags filled, which i can not see at musicbee e. g. regisseur and IAAR. These fields are filled not correct, they contain wrong characters. But I also have a file, where the both fields filled correct, but it will not be shown correct on smartphone. I enclosed hardcopies of the mediainfo, also from one file which i created direct on phone by peggo and that is diplayed correct.

Using android 5.1.1 on gigaset me

theta_wave

Your screenshots are obviously not showing up.  Here's a guide: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Posting_Screenshots

Alternatively, can copy and paste the mediainfo contents enclosed by {code}mediainfo stuff goes here{/code} (replace { } with [ ]).  Did you compare the mediainfo results from files from your phone and those on your PC?

twildeboer

theta_wave

Ah I see,

Listen, historically wav files are just raw uncompressed audio with no standardized tag support unlike lossless audio formats like FLAC, APE and ALAC that feature audio compression without any loss in audio quality and standardized tagging specifications.  Still, there's some padding at the beginning and end of a wav file for data, which means potential metadata storage for tags.  MB and several other players have taken advantage of this to support some degree of tagging in wav files.  However, no standardized tagging specification for wav files leads to compatibility problems.  As a result, I am not surprised that your audio player of choice on your phone doesn't support tags in wav audio.  My advice to you is to convert your wav files to FLAC that will 1) lower the size of your file since wav files are uncompressed raw audio and 2) use a tagging specification supported by most (if not all) audio players for your phone.
Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 06:24:12 PM by ssri

twildeboer

thank you, that's it.

i configured EAC now to create flac files and in musicbee i let the files convert to mp3 for smartphone. then the cover and interpreter are correct shown.
the wrong characters in tags for regisseur and IAAR are still there, but make no problem. i checked and saw that the fields are filled when i start "auto-tag by album" in musicbee.