Author Topic: MB & its library settings behaving odd after DB corruption...?  (Read 1122 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
a few questions to understand the Library & DB/setting  handling of MB a bit better.
I recently had MB3 tell me that the DB has been corrupted (after updating to the latest patched version 2 days ago). It then asked where to store the library, and where the files sit. So far so good.
Since I used a portable install, and after removing the corrupted library file from MB3 as instructed by the dialogue, I pointed it to MBs own old library folders, let's call it:
C:\programs\MusicBee3\Library
to store the re-initialized library file.
It then asked (I think, it was a 1-2 days ago and seemed straight forward) where the music files live, so I pointed it to my music library, or rather, added 3 folders, let's call them:
D:\mp3\cd\
D:\mp3\digital\
D:\mp3\vinyl\

The odd bit that had me notice something is off today is that it did not detect new files or removed files anymore, yet it happily scans all files (the numbers add up) when asked to, but it does not pick up additions or removed files anymore.
Double checking 'monitored folders', this confirmed there's nothing set anymore (despite me setting the library folders on the corrupted database dialogue... shouldn't the user set music file locations = monitored folders - when re-initializing a corrupted database ?) and it also fails to find/read/display the explicitly set playlist m3u folder (living in C:\programs\MusicBee3\Library\Playlists, and being explicitly set to m3u) now.

Also, when starting the re-map library dialogue (just to double check what's what now), it only shows 1 root path:
D:\mp3\
NOT the 3 I explicitly pointed to on the library dialogue...?
But, despite MB telling me so, this can't be true as it does skip a few folders (which sit inside of D:\mp3\, but the contents I do not want to see in MB, hence I did add the 3 I want MB to handle above...), i.e.  
D:\mp3\spoken\
D:\mp3\incoming\
And lo and behold - despite stating the file library would be here in the root dir "D:\mp3\" (opposed to the 3 sub folders that I have set), the above folders/files (\spoken\ & \incoming\) aren't added to MB...

As something feels quite flakey now, I guess at this point my best option is to uninstall/reinstall MB3...?

Cheers.
c.

alec.tron

ps, another breadcrumb - despite me setting the library location as:
C:\programs\MusicBee3\Library

there also is this now:
C:\programs\MusicBee3\Library\MusicBeeLibrary

Which explains why the playlist sourcing didn't work as that seems to be the one MB3 is using now.
Steven - in case you're around and you want me to check/log anything, sing out asap please - otherwise I'll attempt a clean re-install as this feels too voodoo atm.
Cheers.
c.