Author Topic: How to access to the year (yyyy) tag?  (Read 1902 times)

fiodeste

I've got a few albums made by the same artists in the same year, but I don't want to display the month in the 'year' tag to sort them. I've read that for that I need the 'year (yyyy)' tag, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Please help.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
You can either type

Code
<Year (yyyy)>

or you can select it from the very bottom of the field selector. Are you not seeing it in a specific place? Where are you trying to use it?
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

fiodeste

Sorry, I'm quite new at musicbee. I was trying to find it in the 'edit' menu, in the tags, but it's not there.
Where is the field selector?
Thanks for replying btw!

fiodeste

Ok nevermind I made a virtual tag with the year (yyyy) thing, but where can I modify it for a specific song?

Tybot

Ok nevermind I made a virtual tag with the year (yyyy) thing, but where can I modify it for a specific song?

The tag "Year (yyyy)" takes the value from the field "Year" and reduces it to the first 4 digits in that tag which of course gives you the year. That value comes from the value in the field highlighted below:

https://i.imgur.com/udcZzBp.jpg

As you can see the date part "06-22" has been removed, which is what the tag "Year (yyyy)" does.

The field selector is accessed by right-click in this area and selecting "Set Displayed Fields":

https://i.imgur.com/Zipu6xs.jpg
Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 12:08:08 AM by Tybot

fiodeste

fiodeste

Well, I'm still having trouble with the album's order. I added the month to all the albums with the same years so it would be in chronological order but when I refresh it or click 'year' so it would sort the songs by year, nothing changes. What am I doing wrong?