Author Topic: Global start and end time  (Read 3123 times)

arpadosso

I wish to do the next:

Select All tracks, Right click, Edit, Settings Tab, Start time: 0:15, End time 0:30, Save.

Play the tracks

After

Select All tracks, Right click, Edit, Settings Tab, thick off the Start and The end time.

Save

Or "Intro Mode" button (Start time settings, End time settings)

boroda

there is a plugin for "intro mode" written by Steven. don't remember plugin name, just search in plugin section of the forum.

arpadosso

I want to give a hug for you and Steven. I am going to donate the MB... Thanks a lot.

lch21

I also would like to do the following:

Select All tracks, Right click, Edit, Settings Tab, End time 3:00, Save.
Play the tracks and each track would end after playing for 3 minutes.

This option is available in MediaMonkey and in Itunes but those settings will not transfer with the track directly into MusicBee.

This can be combined with the 5-10 second "crossfade" to fade at the end of the 3:00 minutes and 5-10 seconds of silence added to each track to provide a slight lull prior to the next track for a very professional effect.

I searched the plugin section for "Intro Mode" as you suggested in the previous post but only 'UPnP/ DLNA device support" plugin came up.  The other plugins did not appear to accomplish this either.  I also read any forum topic anywhere close to this subject but found nothing that would help.  PLEASE tell me this plugin still exists.

The option to set the start/end time by batch would be very helpful when having a party or similar or you just want to listen to more tracks rather than hear the more lengthy tracks. It would also be beneficial for bars, dance studios, and other professional music venues.

It also still very important to be able to set the start/end time of individual tracks to sometimes eliminate the crowd noise, very long intros, etc. which is specific to that track.

Obviously other ways to accomplish this exist, such as mp3DirectCut, but the option to revert back to the original track length is preferred.  And yes one could use MediaMonkey or Itunes but those are not the preferred music player.  I am extremely impressed with what MusicBee has accomplished.

lch21

OK, I tried the 'track previewer and it worked to stop the track at the specified time.

The problem is that this does not work the same as the "end time" setting.  The "track previewer" does not allow fade in and fade out, it simply stops the track at the specified time.

The problem with the current situation is that the setting for "end time" must be set for each track separately.  This is extremely difficult for a library of 20k songs.

My suggestion is that a batch setting for "end time" be established. This can allow the 5-10 second "crossfade" to fade at the end of the 3:00 minutes and 5-10 seconds of silence added to each track to provide a slight lull prior to the next track for a very professional effect.

The option to set the start/end time by batch would be very helpful when having a party or similar or you just want to listen to more tracks, rather than hear the more lengthy tracks.

It would also be very beneficial for bars, dance studios, and other professional music venues.

If this is not currently possible, is there a possibility that a plugin could be developed to achieve this batch "end time" setting?

boroda

'end time' is not good suited for bulk of files as they will have various duration. if you need to set time which is left then there is no option for that. this can be done by means of plugin, but it would be better to make this as native option (if to make this at all).