Author Topic: Getting Tracks from Musicbee to iPod  (Read 1639 times)

HappyWanderer

Hi guys,

Needing some advice here....

After taking the hump with iTunes I just started using MusicBee for the first time today. I thought I was getting on great with it, only to discover that's not at all the case!

I had ensured that the 'Music' section under 'Library - MusicBee' shows all of the tracks on my laptop.

I had presumed that to add tracks to my iPod I would drag each one from this library to the 'Music' section under 'Devices - My iPod'; however, while this seems to create a list of the tracks I want on my iPod, it doesn't appear to actually transfer them over.

Furthermore, the tracks already on my iPod do not show in this section, or anywhere else in Musicbee.

Additionally, if I choose the 'sync' option, it wants to sync my entire library, not just the tracks I wish to choose.

Sorry if I'm being a total vegetable here, but how do I go about just transferring over the tracks I want, and having everything on the iPod show in Musicbee too?

phred

• Global Moderator
First of all, MB doesn't directly supposed iDevices. There are plugins and some Tips & Tricks that -may- help.

You can't drag your tracks from MB to the iPod.  You should create a playlist with the tracks you want on the iPod and then select only that playlist to sync. Choosing what to sync is done in Preferences > Devices > (select device) > Configure
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here