Author Topic: Seemly Random Albums Have Different Track Layout  (Read 1514 times)

samosaara

On the surface musicbee seems like another random, knock-off, lackluster, random music player but after using it for some time I'm absolutely blown away. I used to use 3 different software to arrange my music library and would still struggle but MusicBee supplied all my needs and more, thanks for such great software.

But my question is: after having an absolute blast at trying all the library organizations, I choose one but it seems to be bugged out. Not a major one, very minor actually, but annoying. This is the default by album visualizations:

But some albums with no apparent reason or pattern simply show like this:

There is no pattern, all of them have the correct tags, it doesn't have connection to the amount of the tracks, or to the artist they belong, some albums simply show up like that. No real fret just find it curious.

metrodub

Track 2 in the first example ("Know Me Better"), has a different artist (Mura Masa feat Bonzai) than the other tracks, so MusicBee will display the tracks as such to show you that the album contains songs with different artists (this example being the featured artist in the Artist tag).

The Beyonce album, I would assume, only has Beyonce as the Artist in your tags.  Therefore, there isn't a need to display the Artist under every track, as it's the same.

samosaara

Jesus I'm so blind XD, thanks, but can i force it to display anyway?

theta_wave

Go to "Albums" in the main panel and bring up its drop menu, then Customize Menu > Configure Extended Panel > Fields Displayed.  Add artist underneath title.  I don't know why you would like to view the artist twice in the same small panel window, but the option is there for you to take ;)

samosaara

Dayum the feature almost feels hidden :X but thanks a bunch.
But its more about keeping the layout across albums, it looks awkward to me having different looking albums. Thanks everyone.