Author Topic: Biography  (Read 4161 times)

nazz

Hello, you all... First i'm sorry i'm french and my english is bad... i have uploaded MB from 2.4 version to 3... not so different but very interesting evolution... my only problem is that i don't know how to display the artist's biography... i can get it by right click with my last.fm account (or wikipedia), i installed the pluggin...  but i searched and didn't found how to do directly on MB page like before... is there anybody here to help me ? thank's for all...

vincent kars

Try:
Preference > Layout (1)
Press Arrange PAnels in the upper right corner
Activate Bio

Success

Steven

• Administrator
last.fm made a change over the weekend so anyone showing biographies will need the latest patch version:

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip
unzip into the folder MB is installed

nazz

thank you... but i copy the patch (plugins and tooltips) in MB folder and it does't work  when i unzip it... maybe i've done a bad thing ?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You should be copying all the files into the MB folder, not just the two folders.  If it's not asking for permission to overwrite MusicBee.exe, etc, you're probably not putting them in the right place.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

nazz

Impossible de créer le dossier C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\patch last.fm\MusicBee3_Patched
Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.

Program Files(x86) is the default installation on my computer.
I have verified the security authorization...

Sorry for my gaps...

Thank's for your help, LP

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It looks like you've got some subfolders there.  You should be putting the files directly in the MusicBee directory, ie MusicBee.exe should end up in C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\.

When are you getting that message?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
i suggest you first unzip into a folder that does not require admin access such as the windows Downloads folder and then drag the unzipped files into the folder where MusicBee is installed. Windows will prompt you to overwrite the files and probably prompt you for admin access

nazz

you were right... i tried yesterday with a new folder into MusicBee before your advice but it didn't worked... in the folder Download no problem... and i get the biography... thank's a lot ! best regards, sincerely, LP.
PS : what is the limit of the collection size ? (i have 346Go... some years ^^)

phred

• Global Moderator
PS : what is the limit of the collection size ? (i have 346Go... some years ^^)
You're limited only by the size of your storage device. Reports of users with 300+gb are sprinkled throughout the forums.  With a recent report of over 800gb. And with no impact on performance.
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=5318.0
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

vincent kars

This is one of those rare cases where size doesn’t matter :)

Media players scan the audio files for tags and store these tags in a database.
Using the interface is querying the database.
Obvious this is independent of file size.
The number of tracks is important because the more tracks, the bigger the database.
I can only say that MB performs fine having over 50.000 tracks.

nazz

i use the new functions and presentations... sure better... i notice that, on the screen "en cours" it's ok with playing tracks" on "barre latérale droite"... but on "Main Pannel (left side)" the biography appears while the setting is "lyrics"... but not much biographies (problem with last.fm ? you explained that they don't answer... maybee MB could be too good, they prefer we go on their site ?     ^^)... if no biography appears so lyrics sometimes take place (not always but it's normal, i know)... same thing with Main Pannel (right side)... i don't know if this information can be useful... this function seemed better in the old versions but last.fm maybe changed his policy ?
... thank you for your attention, LP.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes, last.fm made a change.  Steven has also made a change, though, which the patch should have had in it.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

nazz

Good evening... on my laptop computer (the good word ???) i have an old version of MB... so easy to get the biographies... i hope the new one (with so beautiful screens, yes i love them) will get them soon too... oups it's a wish ! maybee my setting is not correct... thank you...

Steven

• Administrator
you seem to be struggling with installing the patch version but i am not sure how the instructions can be made any more clear for you. I guess you should wait until i update the installer for the next full release of version 3 but i am not sure when that will be.