Author Topic: Main Panel keeps reverting to "Albums" view even though I set it to "Artists"  (Read 2279 times)

stopbrickwalling

Finally downloaded MB 3.0 and the update #2 from 2.5....wow, is this stuff getting complicated!

So anyway, I set my MAIN PANEL to show "ARTISTS" and set it to group by ALBUM ARTISTS.

However, if I click on an artist to go to the albums and tracks view, when I click MUSIC in explorer to return to MAIN PANEL view, MB automatically reverts to the "ALBUMS" aka "ALBUM COVERS" view. 

Why is this happening and how can I make it stay on "ARTISTS" view?  Is this a known bug?

Steven

• Administrator

stopbrickwalling

Steven,

I implemented the patch but still have the problem.

The only way I don't lose my ARTISTS view is if I use the BACK ARROW to return to the main panel instead of clicking MUSIC in the explorer window like I always did with MB 2.5.

Not sure what to do.

Steven

• Administrator
what version does help/ about show? if its 3.0.6076 then can you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

stopbrickwalling

After installing the patch you provided, it states I am running version 3.0.6073.
(I started with download 3.0.6067 before updates).

Here is a link to my settings file:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1i1thijjl30el1i/MusicBee3Settings.ini

Steven

• Administrator
in that case you are not running the patch version - it needs to be 3.0.6076
use the link i provided and unzip it into the folder MB is installed

stopbrickwalling

Finally got it to update to 6076 version after many attempts...tried extracting to the MB program folder, copy/replace, and deleting before pasting and none were working.  On about the 10th try, I finally updated to 3.0.6076 and seems to have resolved the issue.

Thanks so much for your help!  :D