Author Topic: "Empty" and Album Number in Artists Column?  (Read 1644 times)

Scorsone

I've been using the new 3.0.5995 for a week or so now, I might be late to the version but I'm really enjoying it over the previous 2.0 version.  This version is much more graphical upfront and easier to use. 

But I digress.  I've got two columns in the center, one showing artists complete with thumbnails and the larger one showing individual albums - whether from A-Z or however many might be by the particular artist that you select.  At the top of the Artist column is an item entitled "Empty" and then an album count (four albums).  I've selected it and it shows no albums for that selection.  I seem to have all my music so I've tried to get rid of it but to no avail.  It might be a stupid question but would someone please tell me what it is exactly and how to get rid of it?  Or if it is four albums in need of some tagging or something how would I go about getting them into their proper places?

Thanks,

Starmender

Well, "Empty" item in the artist column means that some of your songs don't have an artist tag. I don't know why it doesn't show you albums when you select it though.
Try using different view in the main panel, or use "Tools" -> "Tagging tools" -> "Show files with missing tags" and then select "Artist" and "Album artist" tags.

Scorsone

Starmender...

Thanks for the help Starmender, it's really sincerely appreciated...
Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 07:22:33 PM by Scorsone