Author Topic: Moving Tracks Around  (Read 2788 times)

WannaBee

Is there yet a way to move tracks around between playlists, and from player to playlists, rather than adding it?

Thank you.

Aevaris

Can you clarify your question or show screenshots? I'm not sure what you're asking by move tracks between playlists without adding them to the playlist.

phred

• Global Moderator
Is there yet a way to move tracks around between playlists, and from player to playlists, rather than adding it?
I assume that by "adding it" you mean selecting a track, right-click, and the click "add to playlist"?
If so, you can add your tracks by dragging them to the desired playlist be it a static playlist or auto-playlist.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Aevaris

Ah, decent point phred (posted before morning coffee).

WannaBee, if phred's point is what you were thinking, you can also use auto-playlists. These playlists let you automatically create a playlist based on rules so you don't ever have to add anything specifically to the playlist if you don't want to.

WannaBee

I assume that by "adding it" you mean selecting a track, right-click, and the click "add to playlist"?
If so, you can add your tracks by dragging them to the desired playlist be it a static playlist or auto-playlist.
Yes, but by "moving" I am implying that when I use either drag-and-drop, or if I should add a track to another playlist via the applicable context menu, that the track(s) in question are removed from the orginal playlist/player in one action. That will save me having to select and manually remove the tracks from the original list. For instance, in the player, I have a huge list of tracks that spans several decades. From here, I drag and drop tracks selectively into its appropriately named tabs (e.g. 1950, 1980, 1990, 2010, etc).  As the tracks are added to another list, it must be cleared from the original.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The only way I know to do this is to use an auto playlist and rather than add to the playlist, change the tag that it's based on.  Custom tags are good for this.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)