Author Topic: Allow actions/commans to have global AND non global hotkey associated  (Read 2421 times)

andrea.ippo

First of all, since this is my first post here, I would like to thank the developer of MusicBee for making this great app available to everybody. It's feature-rich and still very user-friendly.
I discovered it today and immediately set it as my default music manager/player instead of foobar.

Now I come to the request: I wonder if it would be possible to define two hotkeys for the actions/commands, of which one would be "local" and the other one global (just like foobar allows). This is because global hotkeys are usually very complex (often one modifier key is not enough, so you end up with Ctrl+Shift+etc etc), but while it's acceptable to make these complex combos when the app is minimized, I think it's a bit annoying having to make these same, complex combos when the application has focus: in fact in this case even a single key would do.

Example: in foobar I had Ctrl+WinKey+spacebar for Play/Pause as global hotkey, and spacebar alone for Play/Pause as non-global hotkey.
In MusicBee I had to use Ctrl+WinKey+spacebar for Play/Pause as global hotkey, and this is fine when the app is in background, but the problem is that when it has focus I have to do this same combo to play/pause, while a simple spacebar key press would be easier.

Thank you! :)
Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 09:15:09 PM by andrea.ippo