Author Topic: Albums Split Up  (Read 12096 times)

Irbricksceo

Hi, I have a problem, and 4 hours of google searching yielded no answer. I switched to Musicbee today from Itunes, and while the player definatly works better, the one issue that is a deal-breaker for me is that no matter what I try, many of My albums are split up. This is because of a variety of reasons, some because I have "bonus tracks" with slightly different album names, others because of various artists in the album. However on Itunes, you can just set all the split albums, set their album name and album artist to be identical, and it will merge the albums for you. That didn't work here. How do I merge the albums it split up back together?

Steven

• Administrator
this question gets asked a lot and has been answered many times on this forum so I find it hard to believe you couldn't find any answer. Usually its because of inconsistent tags and/ or people not understanding what an album artist is; or because they are using a sort that splits the album. The wiki can help you with this as well.
If you cant figure it out I suggest you post a screenshot and also indicate what fields you are using for sorting

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Irbricksceo

I figured out the problem, had to do with file folder settings. Its working now. Thank you for the suggestions!