Author Topic: latest patch 19-July-2016 not allowing settings to be saved  (Read 2293 times)

KylePolansky

When upgrading to the latest patch (19-July-2016), none of my settings are being saved. Window configuration and playback settings were 2 areas in specific that were not working after multiple tries. Reinstalled from the download page and settings are being saved again. Reinstalled patch and settings would not save.

I am now on 3.0.6044 without issues. Let me know if there is any diagnostic information that can be of help to solve this issue.

EDIT: I didn't read the instructions. Here's my settings file (.bak extension was added by me): http://www.mediafire.com/download/goslwsm4ix8lx6k/MusicBee3Settings.ini.bak
Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:50:04 AM by KylePolansky

KylePolansky

More information on the issue, it's now happening on the 3.0.6044 release as well. Seems as though the first time Music Bee starts, I'm able to save changes. However, when I close by going to File>Exit and reopen a few seconds later, make changes and repeat, no changes are saved.

Once I re-run the installer, I am able to make changes that first time I open the program.

If it helps, I upgraded from release 2.5.5804.26036, not sure if my settings file may be broken from that.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If it helps, I upgraded from release 2.5.5804.26036, not sure if my settings file may be broken from that.

Do you mean that you didn't install the official 3.0 release before applying the patch?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
the installation process doesnt touch the settings file. I tried using your settings file and all is fine.
Maybe your user account doesnt have write permission on the settings file. When you run the installer, MB runs as an administrator if you launch MB from the installer.

KylePolansky

Thanks Steven, it was a permission issue. I'm running MusicBee with my local administrator account, and it apparently didn't have access to the settings file by default.

Although the administrators group has full control, it wasn't working so I added full control for my local account and now everything is as expected.

I really appreciate the response.