Author Topic: Compact Player components in MusicBee 3 not lining up  (Read 1880 times)

MadagascarAdam

Hi, I don't know if this is a bug (though it seems like it) or if it's just the way Music Bee 3 was designed.  But, I've been using MusicBee 2.5 in the past and just upgraded to MusicBee 3.0 (with the latest patch) today.  On 2.5 I mostly just used the player in compact mode for my everyday listening and only used main player for editing files, albums, tags, etc.  I had my compact player setup to have album art on the left side (filling up the vertical space) and then the now playing playlist on the right side (again filling up the vertical space).  The background had band photos, but it mostly just showed at the bottom (behind the controls) and in-between the album art and playlist (I think I had track name and band name overlaid on top of that).  I can't remember what all the settings I used for that were, because I had it the same for at least half a year.

Anyway, today when I upgraded, I tried to get my compact player back to mostly the same look, but there seems to be a problem with the alignment of the playlist window and the album art.  Essentially, the album art is in the bottom left (rather than just left) and the playlist is in the top right (rather than just right) and they don't seem to be able to overlap at all (meaning, whatever vertical space on the bottom left the album art is using, the playlist on the top right is limited to the remaining vertical space above).  Basically, it just looks like a lot of wasted space.  Here's a screenshot below (if I can figure out how to get a screenshot in):

http://imgur.com/zfiuPfo

I did find on the compact player's "big album art" view I can get mostly what I want, but the exception is, I can't get the nice band photos in the background, and can't get as compact of a player overall.

So, I would love to know if there's a simple fix to get back to what I'm looking for.  But if not, how can I downgrade back to 2.5 without uninstalling and losing my settings that are now in 3.0?

MadagascarAdam

OK, so if that's not a bug, can you tell me how to go back to MusicBee 2.5 so I can have the layout I prefer?  Is it possible to get back to 2.5 without uninstalling 3.0 and losing my settings and library info, etc.?

boroda

just install 2.5 over 3.0. settings are stored in different files for 2.5 and 3.0, so you can reuse your old settings after downgrading.

Steven

• Administrator
you probably just want to untick "Draw controls on Picture" from the MusicBee drop-down menu

MadagascarAdam

Thanks everyone for your input!  I've reinstalled 2.5 and am much happier with the overall layout.  There were a few new things for the "main window" that I wish I still had, but overall, I have much more of what I want (a good compact view) in 2.5 .  I've attached another link of what I prefer in this:

http://imgur.com/a/BZcL7

The top photo is the way I really prefer my compact player - not too big, but still big artwork (much bigger than 3.0) and still nice artist picture with a good track list too.

The second photo is the same size as my past screenshot from 3.0 (the minimum size I could make it to have a track listing at all), yet you can see with 2.5 that I get a much larger album art, and very long playlist, and still great artist photo, etc. 

So basically, the compact view for 2.5 is way better than 3.0 in every way that I can see.  I really don't understand why MusicBee 3.0 would choose to downgrade the quality of compact view when they made an upgrade in their software.  Can anyone explain the logic for the digressive changes (in compact mode) for MusicBee 3.0 over 2.5?