Author Topic: library surveillance  (Read 2611 times)

JoePl

Hi Developper,

nice program, i wish library were constantly checking for new files. it is setup that way. and folder is marked correctly. still it does not work. there seems to bee an issue here.

redwing

Are you using v3?  Then try the latest version: http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

If the issue persists, post a screenshot (upload a picture to www.imgur.com and post the link) of your library setting (Preferences> Library).

JoePl

hi redwing,

yes i have used v3, now i have selected your nightly build, and inserted it to install folder, it works, but library error persists.
i will upload the images you asked for and send the link, if you need futher assistance, like a log file i am happy to assist you.

kind regards joel

redwing

I don't see anything wrong with your library settings. If you add a new file to that monitored folder, the file should immediately show up in your library. You mean it's not happening?

redwing

To see if it's an access issue to the folder, try adding another folder to the monitored folder setting and see what happens if you add a new file to the new folder.

JoePl

well that is what i have done. 

last time i went around this issue, and killed the complete library to reread it. that works. but is simply not convenient.
ok i have removed the folder from the library and inserted it again a view minutes later, and it added all to the library. all seems ok for now? !

i have removed another folder with 200 songs, while running music bee, it correctly removed them from the library. i closed music bee, and put the folder back, music bee does find it. so it seems ok,

it seem the patch can somehow make it work. i am not fully convinced. i add music from time to time. if i get in trouble again i let you know.

redwing

One possibility is that access to that folder might be somehow restricted because your monitored folder is one of the Window's special folders (under c:\Users\). It could be your firewall, anti-virus, or your account's permission level, to name a few. To avoid such an issue, use a non-special folder for storing your music files. So avoid any system folders Windows uses like Programs\, Users\, Windows\, etc.

JoePl

i understand, at some point music bee had my current library path renamed to something like: C:\user\joe\{ejfashfahsdkjfh28u23}
i have just reinstalled my firewall comodo today, beacuse after upgrading from win7 to win10 it blocks all internet connections.

so it might as well be the change to win 10 or the reinstallation of comodo firewall or the betaversion?

redwing

The best way to avoid such access/permission issues is using a portable installation. Also store your music files and library folder in non-special folders.
You can download a portable version from the official download page and then apply the latest patch just as you did (the patch works for both normal and portable version).