Author Topic: Version 3.x claims my music files are missing  (Read 2236 times)

Will Pittenger

I installed MusicBee 3.0 last night.  It was complaining that it couldn't find any of the MP3 files.  On that machine, all of the music (but not the database) reside in M: which is mapped to a remote Windows machine.  That hasn't changed.  I haven't upgraded MusicBee on my other machine (the one with the share hosting those MP3 files) as I'm concerted the same thing will happen there.  Strangely, if you tell MusicBee to not look for missing music files, it plays those MP3 just fine.

What's going on?  Do I need to be concerned?
Will Pittenger

redwing

What happens if you make it rescan one of the files (Send to> File Rescan)?
If that works, try Tools> Advanced> Rescan All Files command.

Steven

• Administrator
It was complaining that it couldn't find any of the MP3 files.
can you explain that some more eg. what were you doing, how did the message appear, etc
or are you saying that you have "check for missing files" set in the library preferences and an ! mark is appearing against every file? If there is a "!" displayed does the tooltip on the icon say that file is missing or does it say the file is inaccessible
Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 07:14:19 AM by Steven

Will Pittenger

It was complaining that it couldn't find any of the MP3 files.
can you explain that some more eg. what were you doing, how did the message appear, etc
or are you saying that you have "check for missing files" set in the library preferences and an ! mark is appearing against every file?
All i did was attempt to start playback after upgrading.
Will Pittenger

Steven

• Administrator
can you make an effort to reply to the questions i asked otherwise i wont be able to help. Also i edited the questions while you replied

Will Pittenger

can you make an effort to reply to the questions i asked otherwise i wont be able to help. Also i edited the questions while you replied
I didn't get that far.  It was refusing to play the file with the "check for missing files" switch set.  I didn't notice any ! icons, but didn't think of looking for them either.
Will Pittenger

Will Pittenger

What happens if you make it rescan one of the files (Send to> File Rescan)?
If that works, try Tools> Advanced> Rescan All Files command.
Send To/File Rescan ran without output so I assume it succeeded.  So I ran Tools/Advanced/Rescan.  I saw it listing a bunch of albums, but no errors again.  Turn "Check for Missing Files" back on again?
Will Pittenger