Author Topic: Very strange custom tag problem  (Read 2911 times)

sleepless

For all the tracks on 1 of my albums, MB automatically writes a coded value for the Custom 9 tags, which reads something like 00000EDA 00000EDA 00000EDA 00000EDA 00000EDA 00000EDA 00000EDA 00000EDA 00000EDA 00000EDA. In the tag settings, it is set to "save to MB database only".

-no matter what I do I can't get the value of this tag to to change or delete the value.
-I have tried creating id3 tags for this custom tag (TXXX/CUSTOM 9) and deleting them in the tag inspector, but they still reappear.
-I can successfully delete/edit the id3 tags using MP3Tag, however MB just auto rewrites the tag value again as soon as ANY changes are made to tags for those tracks.
- I have tried removing the tracks completely and re-importing them but MB does the same thing again.

All the other tags for these tracks seem to be working fine ( I can delete them or change their values). This custom tag works fine (empty) with all other tracks in my library. Thoughts?

redwing

That value looks like Soundcheck tag value. Do you have any ASR presets auto-applied?

sleepless

If you mean the equalizer preset in the settings tab in the tag editor, then no. Is there another place I should be looking? Why would it only be affecting this album? I've also noticed that 2 tags are automatically being created for these tracks:

REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN
REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK

MB is creating these automatically. They weren't there when I imported the album. I can delete them, but MB just recreates them again immediately.

sleepless

I don't see why/how MB would be auto-writing these tags. I have never used this feature before. The thread you linked describes a process I have never used and have no understanding of. Also, I just imported this album. It has never been in itunes or on my ipod.

redwing

OK. Then do you have Additional Tagging Tools plugin enabled? If so, disable it and restart MB. And then see if the problem persists.

sleepless

Yep, problem stayed.  I decided to completely strip the tracks of all tags (using Mp3Tag), and re-write them all. After importing them, the same thing happened. However, I then renamed the files and re-imported. This time it worked!  I have no idea why the file name would make a difference. It's like MB "remembered" the old tags no matter how many times I removed them, until I re-imported them from a different location. Anyway, it's working now, but I think I'll backup the MB database just to be safe after this odd behavior. Thanks for your input.