Author Topic: musicbee delete files from my library on external hd without notice  (Read 4230 times)

rajab

this issue happened many times now with my library...i have big library and saved on 2 x 2 TB external hard disks...and from time to time musicbee delete some of these files and without giving notice...there's plenty of space on both drives...any suggestions? thank you

Steven

• Administrator
why would musicbee randomly delete files? if you think that really was the case dont you think there would be many posts from furious people and the issue fixed.
About once every few months someone makes this complaint and the usual reason is because they have auto-organise on the library preferences enabled, and the files have simply been moved to another location due to tags being edited. Another reason is because someone uses another music player like iTunes which also can auto-organise files to a different location

rajab

for some reason it seems you don't believe me and think i accuse musicbee...well it's not the case, i'm here reporting the problem believe or don't that's not my problem...anyway to elaborate further...auto-organize is disable and no other music player is installed. and btw the deleted files not relocated but completely deleted not even moved to recycle bin.

also when modify tags of big collection, first musicbee consumes great space in the hd which recovered once the operation completed, and if no enough space, it keeps deleting other files from the library...i had this problem some time ago and for that i had to go for bigger hd.

finally i can't answer your question (why would musicbee randomly delete files?)...i guess this is why i'm here in the first place...ty

rajab

even further, and this is the problem i'm facing now, every reopen of musicbee and re-scan of the library, musicbee report file deletion...and i find the file gone...and i just tested this 5 minutes ago...ty

Steven

• Administrator
if your disc runs out of space when saving a file via musicbee then musicbee does not delete other files to make space so the file can be saved

rajab

complete folder was deleted today and it was just added today, and i got this message:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'G:\My Music (Latest)\014\Red Hot Chili Peppers\I Need a Hit 1\101 By the Way.mp3'.
File name: '        .mp3'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at #=qIBfG5icVYGs6Q5WwBnTqlryqY0roWfChWYWO0MuqzQU908ezl7Ax3aVk1dKnccrX.#=qEBMxA4S3fcJcVJVg__gE9A==(#=qk8PN$KUFITprRR0O5ubOI03HXKFuqGqBbCXG2tfj4S4= #=qI_rUjZUCU$WxChAaXa9Wzw==, FileOptions #=q$kWtejzqL4bygam_2pwlRw==)
   at #=qIbVQK_67bTFLT8tf8EOn8O33$8MEJwreVyJEVwZIwaLktspkUrF2zc4qexBykVoV.#=quiSgshQuVijNFCY5qlYoew==(#=qk8PN$KUFITprRR0O5ubOI03HXKFuqGqBbCXG2tfj4S4= #=qoIy8A20eRNCI1XzsezOSFA==, FileOptions #=qtmVl0hoU02RhWto9USKYig==)
   at #=qWYgMH$bwvimrJsOSswK9DTZxKus8t0VM5fHN$TmXlf8=.#=q5JXZUzo9bQtJIZ02fcZwUw==.#=qSipUZcbT1BPbATg4Ql9gDw==.#=qGRGzhoeojm$IRBVgIiG78$A09SJcvYJUp7WtUwfuMA0=(#=qAfbz3_IV2qrM39VXtuKzqDzW$GYZwMCR0sodgpcNmUfF_xpe7HhlCk_0rtK_KBlQ #=q5UvYAMrK8r18E7EuzqIBcg==, List`1 #=qR99vWhHyCmMSrN6jIez7_w==, Boolean #=qHRNFUN7cJGWZqbUpYnDdag==, #=qbFiaPFDJbwXuG66bIIoV7d8cV9VTWkOxsMsUGmIwjmR2pMAXOJksOCF_fRsVi0Zv #=qR3S5XiWmmWhpzz28Oloiwg==, Boolean #=qFe46Lbu82J9cM1nEE$HfTw==)
   at #=qWYgMH$bwvimrJsOSswK9DTZxKus8t0VM5fHN$TmXlf8=.#=q5JXZUzo9bQtJIZ02fcZwUw==.#=qSipUZcbT1BPbATg4Ql9gDw==.#=qsPQQm2gkOiZAE11Yu5nAGQ==(#=qAfbz3_IV2qrM39VXtuKzqDzW$GYZwMCR0sodgpcNmUfF_xpe7HhlCk_0rtK_KBlQ #=q$b2zNG86qTmByn3ecqLeqA==, Boolean #=qg6wvRspBIhyA1GBkCrj8YdYhEN8DVhD30OMI$$PC5LU=)
   at #=qWYgMH$bwvimrJsOSswK9DTZxKus8t0VM5fHN$TmXlf8=.#=q0RonDpfWKvBSd2$frbHraA==.#=q0FdHPxqtnEsdf6A2dULl6A==(#=qAfbz3_IV2qrM39VXtuKzqDzW$GYZwMCR0sodgpcNmUfF_xpe7HhlCk_0rtK_KBlQ #=q2wBjb6a1DFV6lctASBzzAQ==, Boolean #=qY7836MuSOcjibxNEhvxRHfW5jC3VyC6Hk$Fy_3Fy09w=)
   at #=qWYgMH$bwvimrJsOSswK9DTZxKus8t0VM5fHN$TmXlf8=.#=qz2f4XF9PygUgyQrtoDGM8g==(#=qAfbz3_IV2qrM39VXtuKzqDzW$GYZwMCR0sodgpcNmUfF_xpe7HhlCk_0rtK_KBlQ #=q7YKv2Cf1EF3Ij6PECkAr7w==, Boolean #=qehhbebFNpjqrr1XqWRS7aOFlEp0nVnivPzLiWWbt81A=)
   at #=qIBfG5icVYGs6Q5WwBnTqlryqY0roWfChWYWO0MuqzQU908ezl7Ax3aVk1dKnccrX.#=qwmvzCol9mnZNzLnW9cmdZQ==(#=qAfbz3_IV2qrM39VXtuKzqDzW$GYZwMCR0sodgpcNmUfF_xpe7HhlCk_0rtK_KBlQ #=q4UUnETkLhmVkoaBNlz$fYQ==, Boolean #=qE9AJgv2K$JeDn$DSEIZjcPwvJShBKQ6hrIO6o1BesZY=, Boolean #=qWmkSUXZ_vMAlRDMSuJmn$5D3c11Gjxt_4r_oQM03aG0=)
   at #=qXhFbtu8sMfI0o5FLYy_b0C48N_P3raF$ZUdDh9Ev_tfzCBdb1qm7_nT_TOzg73QU.#=qRxTCIFguHSMGUiFFaRLC47TWaMlWOFZ04HzMlyFe0LU=(#=qAfbz3_IV2qrM39VXtuKzqDzW$GYZwMCR0sodgpcNmUfF_xpe7HhlCk_0rtK_KBlQ #=qgiu4AA6v3PHrmmVz3Fv1kg==, Boolean #=qVFEYVKKAfGtDVK_$27D0qkQKyZBI2V2RjRgnu_PFWHQ=, Boolean #=qr7f75VBTv4PyYxgiYkdNeLVAmaPSGPmrt39DGh5NO6E=, List`1 #=qbJODOcNSs3PkSf0w_yKFMQ==)
   at #=qXhFbtu8sMfI0o5FLYy_b0C48N_P3raF$ZUdDh9Ev_tfzCBdb1qm7_nT_TOzg73QU.#=qPpa2neEoBOTol_xsAJjZyg==(#=qAfbz3_IV2qrM39VXtuKzqDzW$GYZwMCR0sodgpcNmUfF_xpe7HhlCk_0rtK_KBlQ #=qFdagxdeKAhDQ0h6cTl$yMg==, Boolean #=qcVDA2uhMzwqgYUI4dmQpTZOp0dkhvdxUQ3$DH$6TLWc=, Boolean #=qSM_TZjMeLtElyqCEccC7aZy2KrjIsaWRyB8YAITor$8=)
   at #=qmQNjK_bLrwfgQg4aWsYhMYlqvY4Dg0IiqQmTJ8ASN1k=.#=qiyw385wmcEgzHqk6LG99Pg==(#=qAfbz3_IV2qrM39VXtuKzqDzW$GYZwMCR0sodgpcNmUfF_xpe7HhlCk_0rtK_KBlQ #=qbUZuSMj7CnHszUVucSvacw==, Int32 #=qVx$wOy0ja4yvtkZ4kqm4HQ==, #=qlSogJmeL67p7BCy4qmGykA== #=q3XqLmlG3tTmfmcpjVYQNDg==, Boolean #=qycBhrgvPrVB8H1TN0UBquaPgBuM9LyfxJi32DykE2fI=, Boolean #=qDOsgT1I1FK9E9phg8xt7Gw==, Boolean #=qKJs1UWKO3mTnu_GxK_sdQw==)
   at #=qaJgJzlWUpIN0Xl6PrHv3ZsJkpwEsECcXdCunxlMhqkM=.#=qhYj5Uv1x26c_TkJ3zCKOhg==(List`1 #=qVql$S9JF4M$sGjc1kuSLAg==, #=qmGKUPwli5HBdXh8eI9GfXeYSSpGHRmsRO49dI4tInOY= #=qaiohdatLqiiOEaOnnF494Q==)
   at #=q5MmdObWeMo0heWdRCPTIixEpGIcFMm6z_pyKUA6I7EA=.#=qzEBuSfHjQl5k22u8yLE50Aq77D2hwyaFycJtZ_q7mNA=(#=qSl6JImXCjzyv0tqNFxaf5ojDXIW6sWsiPFD0Hn5Eq6UjkCUghRdVl35r2DA9M$4H #=qCy4UZJDuhEIhnwqwvc0yPQ==, Boolean #=qR4_NoD5TrB7jwRevqYo9ow==)
   at #=qOSkrL3ZQhHW94fDDwtJ5sBQglqvAAsTXNB079hnMTbk=.#=qN9y4oig3HoRWQRuBUe6PNA==(ApplicationCommand #=q8fDIXST8vIBXYt8o$lpCww==, Object #=qKSeM9cQ6X1Z$aMtIwCCiww==)

Steven

• Administrator
the error is because MB is opening the file to read the tags of the file you attempted to paste artwork to (before saving), and the file does not exist ie. the file was already deleted or moved outside of MB. It doesnt prove anything.
One thing i am curious about is the line: "File name: '        .mp3'"
that isnt part of the musicbee error logging - it must be from .NET but I have never seen .NET generate that text as part of the error before. It looks like an old dos 8.3 format filename but clearly its not a valid filename.
In any case I wont spend time investigating this and my suggestion is you use another application
Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 06:30:39 PM by Steven

theta_wave

why would musicbee randomly delete files? if you think that really was the case dont you think there would be many posts from furious people and the issue fixed.
Don't worry Steven, we have pitchforks, torches and plenty of kerosene at the ready ;)

rajab

after investigations and with no help from the people here who's supposedly here to help, i noticed that musicbee will delete files as long as your hd (where your music files stored) is not defragmented...so make sure that your hd is defragmented and hopefully musicbee will not delete your files...so far the problem kinda gone once i defragmented my hd's. ty