Author Topic: Numerical scale for track volume adjustment  (Read 2869 times)

EdBrady

One of the nicest features I've found in MusicBee is the track-based volume adjustment (right-click on the track, choose "Edit" and click on the "Settings" tab).  This is a great way to adjust the playback volume of a track, so you don't have to re-encode just for a simple volume adjustment -- perfect for tracks you only have in a lossy compressed format.  Very nice indeed.

One shortcoming, though, is that there is only a slider control. There's no numerical indication of the volume setting, nor is there a way to make sure you've set the control to zero if you no longer want any adjustment.  I'd like to see a numerical indicator added, perhaps calibrated in dB as well as percentage.

EdBrady

I'm giving this a bump... the track volume control is a wonderful feature (one I'ne not seen elsewhere), but the lack of a numercial scale greatly limits its usefulness.  Please re-consider adding a numerical scale.

Steven

• Administrator
i've added a tooltip that shows dB and %
its in the next update

EdBrady

Thank you -- doesn't seem to work, however.  I see the tooltips for "Undo," "Tag Inspector" etc., but nothing else.

Steven

• Administrator

EdBrady