Author Topic: TM Requests  (Read 68839 times)

redwing

i know - i thought you wanted both the manual click (which i did) and some automatic which i guess my earlier post didnt make clear i wasnt planning to do. Wouldnt the automatic be annoying anyway? eg. if you were reading the lyrics and it changed by itself

Of course, it doesn't make sense using it for lyrics or artist bio panel. As I said, Xbox Music Style's overlay change would be the perfect example. Also a member requested auto changing views for Rdio Style. It can be extended to new views based on the auto-changing function.

redwing

Does anyone have views on the theater mode visualiser? Looking at it now, i dont really like it but wondering if others feel the same

Do you mean spectrum visualizer? Compact View shows it at the bottom.
It would be great if it could look like the one in the main player (that can be added from panel arrangement dialog).
Also wave bar in TM can't show inner color.

Steven

• Administrator
i know - i thought you wanted both the manual click (which i did) and some automatic which i guess my earlier post didnt make clear i wasnt planning to do. Wouldnt the automatic be annoying anyway? eg. if you were reading the lyrics and it changed by itself

Of course, it doesn't make sense using it for lyrics or artist bio panel. As I said, Xbox Music Style's overlay change would be the perfect example. Also a member requested auto changing views for Rdio Style. It can be extended to new views based on the auto-changing function.
you can now have multiple commands from a single button or text onClick. If another attribute was added that had a time interval such that the button/text was automatically clicked, would that work for you?

redwing

Interval between each listed commands, not the interval between the new command's clicks.

[edit] I guess it would be the same in most cases.
Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 09:36:51 PM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

using the example from before
Code
<element type="Field"  id="Album" xAnchor="Panel.5" x="0" yAnchor="#Cover.Bottom" y="140" widthDock="#Cover.Right" width="0" align="center" font="Segoe UI" style="Regular" size="8" fg="220,220,220" onClick="OpenAutoHidePanel:#NowPlayingListPanel;OpenAutoHidePanel:#ArtistInfoPanel;OpenAutoHidePanel:#ArtistInfoPanel" autoClickInterval="20000">
this will cause the autohide panels to toggle every 20 secs

redwing

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Does anyone have views on the theater mode visualiser? Looking at it now, i dont really like it but wondering if others feel the same

Do you mean spectrum visualizer? Compact View shows it at the bottom.
It would be great if it could look like the one in the main player (that can be added from panel arrangement dialog).
Also wave bar in TM can't show inner color.
as redwing said but would like to have the centered frequencies view for the spectrum
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

Did more tests, and there are some issues that need to be addressed.

1. If it's included in the code, it gets turned on when the TM starts without having to click on it.
2. There's no way to stop the auto-changing unless closing the view.
3. Even if it would be possible to start and stop it, it would be hard to know which state it is on especially with a long interval.

For #1, It shouldn't get turned on when TM starts and only get turned on with a click. Maybe separating this into a new onClick command (AutoSwitch) would work better.
For #2, It should toggle to on and off upon clicking on it.
For #3, visibleTrigger="AutoSwitchOn" and "AutSwitchOff" are needed to indicate the status of the button or text.

redwing

Try with Rdio Style view, and you will see the scroll bar of Album Tracks panel is still visible when you switch to album list view and gallery view. Only the scroll bar is visible.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P

1. If it's included in the code, it gets turned on when the TM starts without having to click on it.

Would be super-awesome-useful and add more functionality if it could:-
1) - The setting, WHEN MUSIC STARTS - then Switch to Theatre Mode.
2) - A check-box option to auto-activate and cycle through the TM views!

For those of us that start MB PC, then sit back to enjoy music via remote App :-)

Best regards....

Steven

• Administrator
Try with Rdio Style view, and you will see the scroll bar of Album Tracks panel is still visible when you switch to album list view and gallery view. Only the scroll bar is visible.
this might be tricky as the tracks list is still visible but what is happening is the artist picture is covering the tracks list so you only see the scroll bar. I will think about what could be done but there might be something you can do as well eg. just reducing the width of the tracks list should do the trick

edit:
although i dont have a solution yet, i do think its probably something the plugin needs to correct
Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 08:15:24 PM by Steven

redwing

eg. just reducing the width of the tracks list should do the trick

I don't see how that can help.

I tried adding bg="0,0,0" to autoHide panel definition but it didn't help. Can you add an attribute for autoHide panel that clears the area it covers so that Album Tracks panel is not drawn beneath it?

Steven

• Administrator
i have made a change to address it - the scrollbar now is placed inside the element bounds. It wont affect your skins but i will need to make some minor adjustments to the Album and Tracks skin

redwing

OK, I'll test it later when it's available.

Steven

• Administrator

Did more tests, and there are some issues that need to be addressed.

2. There's no way to stop the auto-changing unless closing the view.
3. Even if it would be possible to start and stop it, it would be hard to know which state it is on especially with a long interval.

For #1, It shouldn't get turned on when TM starts and only get turned on with a click. Maybe separating this into a new onClick command (AutoSwitch) would work better.
For #2, It should toggle to on and off upon clicking on it.
For #3, visibleTrigger="AutoSwitchOn" and "AutSwitchOff" are needed to indicate the status of the button or text.
I dont really want to invest a lot of time in this. I am happy to do something such that the switching only is active while the track plays. Also I would be ok to add another command to stop/start all autoclick timers. If either of those is useful let me know.

also re: the scrollbar, i think your embeded rdio style needs some tweaking for the overall width of the tracks list eg. if you make the compact player narrower then the scrollbar cuts into the track time field (the scrollbar is placed to the right edge of the overall width of the tracks list element)