Author Topic: TM Requests  (Read 68717 times)

Steven

• Administrator
for the next update i have made a small change so that the scrollbar only displays for the playing tracks/ album tracks panel when the mouse is over the panel

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 09:05:57 PM by Steven

redwing

Can you support opacity setting for BackgroundAlbumCover element so that it can be used as an overlay over artist pictures?

Steven

• Administrator
i will look at this over the next week but not promising until i have seen what is involved

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

add an alpha attribute with a value between 0 and 1
Code
	<element type="BackgroundAlbumCover" brightness="0.2" alpha="0.5" refreshInterval="20"></element>

redwing

Working great. Thanks!

BTW I see the 45 seconds at minimum interval restriction is still enforced for gallery element. Can you remove it?

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

the spectrum visualiser is now centered and displayed more like the main player visualiser

Can you add an option to use "low to high" style instead? That will offer more varied looks to TM views.

Tybot

I've decided to modify my initial request as it did have some flaws to it.

When it comes to the element type "ArtistPicture". Could we get the option to search for local pictures in "C:\Users\Admin\Music\MusicBee\Artist Pictures\Thumb" first and then default to "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\MusicBee\InternalCache\ArtistThumbs" if no artist picture were found in the first location? That would cause the high-res pictures to be displayed if such ones exist and then default to low-res if not.

Currently, by using an online provider for these images, it causes you to be at the mercy of them when it comes to aspect ratio and resolution which causes results like this:

https://i.imgur.com/lLZwN4s.jpg

Instead of this:

https://i.imgur.com/C56bTnL.jpg

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Code
	<element type="Text" xAnchor="Panel.5" x="0" yAnchor="#Cover.Bottom" y="140" widthDock="#Cover.Right" width="0" align="center" font="Segoe UI" style="Regular" size="8" fg="220,220,220" autoSwitch="OpenAutoHidePanel:#NowPlayingListPanel;OpenAutoHidePanel:#ArtistInfoPanel" autoSwitchInterval="2000" visibleTrigger="AutoSwitchOff" >Start</element>
<element type="Text"  xAnchor="Panel.5" x="0" yAnchor="#Cover.Bottom" y="140" widthDock="#Cover.Right" width="0" align="center" font="Segoe UI" style="Regular" size="8" fg="220,220,220" onClick="StopAutoSwitch" visibleTrigger="AutoSwitchOn" >Off</element>
onClick="command1;command2;etc"  - in this case the user clicking the same text/button will toggle between the auto-hide panels in sequence
Code
	<element type="Text" xAnchor="Panel.5" x="0" yAnchor="#Cover.Bottom" y="140" widthDock="#Cover.Right" width="0" align="center" font="Segoe UI" style="Regular" size="8" fg="220,220,220"onClick="OpenAutoHidePanel:#NowPlayingListPanel;OpenAutoHidePanel:#ArtistInfoPanel">Next</element>

@steven,
Not sure if you have any more great ideas in the bag for TM, but following on from the functions (above).
I've tried produce an "Artist Info" view, that initiates "OpenAutoHidePanel" to show ":#ArtistInfoPanel" after autoSwitchInterval="8000" and then HIDE it again after autoSwitchInterval="28000", then re-cycle on the start of the next track..

Any ideas please?
Regards: Freddy
Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 12:39:56 PM by Freddy Barker

redwing

to retrieve square artist pictures (from last.fm)
<element type="ArtistPicture" artistType="Artist" pictureSize="Square" ...

Let me know if you are interested to have the ability to show a square artist thumbnail from last.fm - a downside is they are only 126x126

Can you support the square artist picture in TM views to use, if present, full-size images instead of the cache?
Currently the user has to maximize picture size setting in album covers/artists view to get the largest cache image (which is still small) in TM views.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Could substitution anchors/docks be added to panels/blocks when an autohide panel overlaps that panel.

For example:
Code
<!-- Artist Pic -->
  <element type="Gallery" name="#ArtPics" xAnchor="Panel.27" x="0" yAnchor="Panel.14" y="0" widthDock="X:Panel.87" width="0" heightDock="Y:#Cover.Top" height="-20" aspectRatio="zoomKeep" fillColor="0,0,0,0" fade="0.0" interval="40" tags="artist" >
  </element>

<!--Lyrics Panel-->
  <autoHide name="#LyricsPanel" gammaCorrected="true" xAnchor="Panel.70" x="0" yAnchor="#ArtPics.Top" y="0" widthDock="X:Panel.Right" width="-7" heightDock="Y:#ArtPics.Bottom" height="0" bg="13,TrackAndArtistPanel(60)" allowPinning="true" resizePictures="false" >
  <element type="Lyrics" gammaCorrected="true" xAnchor="#LyricsPanel.Left" x="10" yAnchor="#LyricsPanel.Top" y="20" widthDock="X:#LyricsPanel.Right" width="-10" heightDock="Y:#LyricsPanel.Bottom" height="-5" align="center" font="Segoe UI" style="Bold" size="9.5" fg="180,TrackAndArtistPanel(90)" fg2="250,TrackAndArtistPanel(bdr)" ></element>
  </autoHide>

The Lyrics Panel overlays the RH end of the Artist Pic panel when displayed.
What I'd like to achieve is for the Artist Pic Panel to resize when Lyrics Panel is called.

Maybe adding:
Code
<!-- Artist Pic -->
  <element type="Gallery" name="#ArtPics" xAnchor="Panel.27" x="0" yAnchor="Panel.14" y="0" widthDock="X:Panel.87" width="0" {sub="#LyricsPanel" widthDock="X:#LyricsPanel.Left" width="0"} heightDock="Y:#Cover.Top" height="-20" aspectRatio="zoomKeep" fillColor="0,0,0,0" fade="0.0" interval="40" tags="artist" >
  </element>

<!--Lyrics Panel-->
  <autoHide name="#LyricsPanel" gammaCorrected="true" xAnchor="Panel.70" x="0" yAnchor="#ArtPics.Top" y="0" widthDock="X:Panel.Right" width="-7" heightDock="Y:#ArtPics.Bottom" height="0" bg="13,TrackAndArtistPanel(60)" allowPinning="true" resizePictures="false" >
  <element type="Lyrics" gammaCorrected="true" xAnchor="#LyricsPanel.Left" x="10" yAnchor="#LyricsPanel.Top" y="20" widthDock="X:#LyricsPanel.Right" width="-10" heightDock="Y:#LyricsPanel.Bottom" height="-5" align="center" font="Segoe UI" style="Bold" size="9.5" fg="180,TrackAndArtistPanel(90)" fg2="250,TrackAndArtistPanel(bdr)" ></element>
  </autoHide>

or maybe like in a skin file:
Code
<!-- Artist Pic -->
  <element type="Gallery" name="#ArtPics" xAnchor="Panel.27" x="0" yAnchor="Panel.14" y="0" widthDock="X:Panel.87" width="0" heightDock="Y:#Cover.Top" height="-20" aspectRatio="zoomKeep" fillColor="0,0,0,0" fade="0.0" interval="40" tags="artist" >
  </element>

<!--Lyrics Panel-->

<subsElement id="#ArtPics" replaceWith="xAnchor="Panel.27" x="0" yAnchor="Panel.14" y="0" widthDock="X:#LyricsPanel.Left" width="0" heightDock="Y:#Cover.Top" height="-20"" />
  </autoHide>
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
to use - in any colour attribute:
 bg="TrackAndArtistPanel(bg)"
 bg="TrackAndArtistPanel(20)"
 fg="TrackAndArtistPanel(fg)"
 fg="TrackAndArtistPanel(90)"
 bdr="TrackAndArtistPanel(bdr)"

where a number between 0 and 100 means a %mix of bg and fg, where a lower number is more bg and higher number more fg

edit:
also added alpha support for background colours, where alpha is between 0 and 255 (unlike the weight parameter)
eg.
 bg="190,TrackAndArtistPanel(20)"

These colours are pulled from <element id="Panel.ChildBody.Default" />
Would it be possible to add:

hi="TrackAndArtistPanel(hi)" derived from <element id="Panel.ChildBody.Highlight" fg="X,X,X" />
lo="TrackAndArtistPanel(lo)" derived from <element id="Panel.ChildBody.Lowlight" fg="X,X,X" />

Thank you
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
The latest v3.4 patch version has an updated plugin that accepts:
TrackAndArtistPanel.LowLight(fg)
TrackAndArtistPanel.HighlightLight(fg)