Author Topic: Confirmation dialog for filesystem changes  (Read 1833 times)

MuPlayer

Hi,
I was very impressed about all the possibilities of customization that you integrated in this great application!
So many subdialogs to configure every piece of a window! How can you manage all of that ^^ I even thought about some kind of "achievement" if one found/clicked all possible subdialogs in this app!

But back to my "small/big" problem.

You can call it my fault, but I achieved it to destroy my whole organisation of music files with one simple drag and drop!

What I did was:

In the full-view of MusicBee I added a tab for a folder where all my music resides.
Clicking on that tab would bring the explorer-style-view of my drives on the left side.
I dragged and dropped that one top folder into the middle main pane and expected it to "scan" all files and add it to my "playlist".

What it really did was, that it MOVED all my files into that sinlge folder, out of all my album subfolders!

Please add a confirmation dialog for all filesystem related changes like that.
I only had the luck to have a full backup so I could copy back all of my files with it's structure.

A second "request" would be to have the system/appwide UNDO function. I know it is more complex to integrate this as I have some experience with c#/wpf, so a confirmation dialog would be the first easier part to prevent such  a "pain".

Please keep on improving this program to make it even better, even more as just right now there is the big gap of Winamp's "hibernation".

hiccup

Welcome to the forum MuPlayer.

Even though there are some good and interesting observations and ideas in your post, I do not recognize an actual 'bug' in it.
Therefore I moved your post to 'General'.

If you want to distill and formulate one or more specific suggestions or wishes from it, the way to go would be to post that in the wishlist topic.

MuPlayer

Yes, thanks, you're right, it's not really a bug. It's only "buggin" me ;)

Steven

• Administrator
for the next version 3 update i am going to disable dragging from a computer folder to the main panel as i agree the behaviour for moving the files is not so obvious

MuPlayer

Sounds good. And thanks for the really quick responses and warm welcome.
And you mean, I really should ask for the achievement-thing in the wishlist? Would be funny:
"MBee-Explorer" after some clicks to know that there are achievements at all and then "MBee-Pro" after 50% and "MBee-Master" for 100% ^^