Author Topic: MANUAL BUFFER CONFIG  (Read 2639 times)

larryfine

Hi Steven, in the player's options there is a checkbox to increase the buffer size.

My questions:
1 - What is the default buffer size (unchecked)?
2 - How much the buffer is increased on checking?
3 - Can you add a manual option (like a slide button) to increase the buffer in ms?

Thank you.

larryfine

Bueno, testing with Stereo Tool 5.02, a DSP Winamp plugin, I got 500 ms (required value to synchronize both player and plugin) with the buffer increasing unchecked in the player's options and all worked fine. No hiccups, gaps or artifacts.
I don't know if this value is correct but works to me.

Steven

• Administrator
i'm not sure i understand your latest post but to answer the questions, the default is 500ms, increasing to 1500ms when the buffer is increased.
I would prefer not to have a slider unless there is a good reason (to keep it simple and obvious)

larryfine

Thank you one more time, Steven. Your reply match with my tests. The default cache is 500 ms. The exact value is required to synchronize the cache between the player and the DSP Stereo Tool. This plugin (if you don't know yet) has many options like a multiband compressor, stereo image enhancer, bass boost, loudness, limiter etc etc. I recommend it.
Excuse me for my bad english. Do you speak portuguese?  ;) hehe... You don't, I guess. MusicBee is great! Best Regards.