Author Topic: auto-pick panel colors (from album cover) in Compact Player  (Read 4787 times)

Pat

Have the "auto-pick panel colors" option in compact player as currently found in the "configure expanded panel" on the main page.
Auto-pick panel colors displays a color sample of the album artwork as background for text information.
In combination with the current option "Large album cover", the track information on the compact players nicely blends with the color of the album artwork. I really liked this visual blend in the compact player of MB2.5.  Note: the option "album color mix" does not give what I would like. I'd like to see a large album cover with track info background sampled from the album cover.

Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 08:32:05 AM by Pat

Steven

• Administrator
i am going to change the large album picture mode in the Compact Player so its consistent with v2.5

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

i am going to change the large album picture mode in the Compact Player so its consistent with v2.5

Looks much better. Maybe it could use slightly different tone from the album cover unlike expanded panel because some covers currently look like this:

Steven

• Administrator
Looks much better. Maybe it could use slightly different tone from the album cover unlike expanded panel because some covers currently look like this:
yes i agree - its something i noticed myself

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip
Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 06:19:10 PM by Steven

redwing

Thanks, looks better. Can you do something about pure black & pure white covers too?

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
forgot to mention the tweak is now available
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

fixes for the above. Unzip into the folder MB is installed and run MusicBee.exe

Pat

Using latest patch and RC2, it looks like a resize in compact player does no longer scale the album artwork and track info.
With option  "Large album cover" and artist biography displayed, it does scale when resizing. With only the album cover displayed (no bio / no lyrics), resizing crops the artwork and track info and visualizer disappear.

Steven

• Administrator
i have tweaked the layout so it behaves similar to the v2.5 compact player. I will post a link later