Author Topic: Update Missing Artwork, Select All  (Read 2835 times)

dabeastro

Hi. First post to the forum after many years of using MB. Best application on my computer! Thank you so much.

I finally ran into something that does not work like I would expect. I have 1,500+ albums with artwork embedded in the tag, which is great. Only problem is that I now own a player that will not read artwork tags and instead needs a cover.jpg to display art (it's in my truck, so I can't get rid of it). So, I run Search Internet for Picture with all of the albums selected in Artwork view and every track is listed, but unchecked because MB does not think I need to get artwork. I can check each and everyone of the 20,000 plus tracks, but I do not have the mental stamina to do so ;) Ctrl+A does nothing and shift select does not work either. A top checkbox in the header row is what I would expect to see, but there is nothing there. Any thoughts? Can a check-all check box be added in a future release? Thanks!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

I don't have a solution to the selection problem, but I'm pretty sure you can generate the cover.jpg files if you add that as an option in tags (1) preferences and rescan.  Haven't tested it, though, so someone else may know more specifically how to make it work
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

dabeastro

Yeah, I have that selected. and it worked with all the albums that did not have artwork in the tags. Just tried selecting a few and it does not work anyway. So I guess a select-all checkbox would not help anyway. I think maybe I am going to try and remove all of the embedded artwork tags and then run Update Missing Artwork again...

dabeastro

Removed all the cover tags (MP3tag was the easiest way) and did the search again in MB. Got image files in each folder and the image embedded. Perfect.

hiccup

Only problem is that I now own a player that will not read artwork tags and instead needs a cover.jpg to display art (it's in my truck, so I can't get rid of it).
Removed all the cover tags (MP3tag was the easiest way) and did the search again in MB. Got image files in each folder and the image embedded. Perfect.

Just in case you need to do his again, or for other users finding this topic and need something like this:
You could have done exactly that (extract cover images from the files) with mp3tag by creating an action. ('export cover to file', not very difficult to do)