Author Topic: Pinned tab > Dbl.click folder tree opens new tab instead refresh prev act. tab  (Read 2411 times)

peewee678

Sometimes I end up with lots of tabs that don't close in a logical fashion (already started a topic about that which you answered) but it's only now that I discovered the reason behind this. It was because of testing another bug that this problem occured repeatedly:

1. Click a pinned tab
2. Double click on a folder name in the tree
3. A new tab opens (why not refresh the one that was active before step 1?)
4. Rinse and repeat and you'll end up with a whole series of tabs

So now consider the following (normal behaviour):

1. Double click on a folder name in the tree
2. The active tab refreshes
3. Rinse and repeat and no new tabs are created

So: is what happens in the first example a bug or is this by design?
You see: I would expect the last active tab (the one that was active before I clicked on the pinned tab) to refresh instead of a new tab being created.
Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 01:44:39 PM by peewee678

Steven

• Administrator
if you have tab Navigation fully locked (nothing to do with Pinning) then i would expect that behavior. You should set it to partially restricted (I appreciate the wording doesnt include anything about computer folders)

peewee678

Sorry for not being clear: I indeed was referring to computer folders and navigation lock.
Well, your answer is clear and I guess it's a matter of different opinions about the UX. So, let's agree it's not a bug  :-) No problem. Thanks anyway.
Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 04:07:01 PM by peewee678

Steven

• Administrator

peewee678

Partial navigation is not suitable in my setup (I tried it to be sure) but thanks again for the feedback!