Author Topic: How does 'Queue Random' work?  (Read 1906 times)

Danielj

I'm trying to use the 'Queue Random' function and I don't really understand how it works. So I've tried choosing a bunch of songs and adding them with the 'Queue Random' feature on right click, but they never seem to play. I'm having shuffle on.

I would assume it to work one of these ways:
1: Creates a queue and add the tracks to random, so all tracks added will play randomly one by one until there is none left.
2: Randomly plays the queued tracks every few tracks until there is none left.

However, I can't find a list of the queued tracks, and within around 50 songs none of them have played. So I have to say I don't understand how this is supposed to work at all?  The wiki is very vague and only says "will queue randomly when shuffling".

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

If you have shuffle turned off, "Queue Random" is "Queue Last", playing the selected tracks after all other tracks.  With shuffle on, "Queue Last" is meaningless because the tracks at the end of the list could be played at any time.  Instead, tracks are added randomly among your ENTIRE Playing Tracks list.  If you have hundreds of tracks in the list, it's entirely possible to have 50 go by without the queued tracks being played.

If you want the selected tracks to be played immediately, you should use "Queue Next"
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)