Author Topic: Reproducable now: locked tab >tree Dbl.click folder name > folder opens+closes  (Read 3618 times)

peewee678

A tiny bug since numerous 3.0.xxxx versions:

"The first time" (after what? I don't know), when I double click a folder in the tree it opens and within a fraction of a second it closes again. After that I can open it without any problem. I still don't know how to reproduce it. MB must be in a certain "state" for this to happen. It happens quite regularly but not often (a few times a day) but, like I said, after it happened everything is fine for quite some time.
Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 04:08:14 PM by peewee678

Steven

• Administrator
a double click is when you click the mouse button twice before the period specified in your windows control panel. If the 2nd click exceeds that period then its two separate clicks and you will get the behavior you describe. Same if the mouse is moved more than 8px.
Even if you dont agree i wont spend time looking at this
Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 07:10:33 PM by Steven

peewee678

Hi Steven,

I have to disagree about the behavior you're describing: if I *would* click not fast enough, something else happens (mind you: I always double click on the folder name and not on the folder icon): in that case the folder can be renamed but that's not what happens, so yeah, I certainly don't agree and I still think it's a bug but I respect your decision.

Steven

• Administrator

peewee678

No I didn't. I can even reproduce a double click and > 8px movement in between the clicks quite easily (without dragging ofcourse; I'm old, but not thát old :-) but even that results in the folder ready to be renamed and not in the behaviour I was describing (opening and closing).

I still consider this a bug but like I said: no problem because it's such a tiny one. Thanks.

hiccup

Out of curiosity I tried all sorts of clicking (except for using my little toe) to see if there is something happening there that I wouldn't expect.
It didn't. It each and every time all responds exactly as I would expect it to.

Single clicking on the little arrows opens, or closes the folder.
Double clicking on the folder icon always opens, or closes the folder.
Double clicking on the title of the folder opens, or closes the folder.
But clicking the title also presents the option to rename it, and that depends on the time that passed between clicks.

I not once experienced a folder opening and immediately closing again after a double-click.
Perhaps there is something with your mouse (settings). You might try out another mouse to see if that could be the case?

peewee678

Thanks Hiccup,

The problem is I can't reproduce it myself: i.e. after it happens it never happens again UNTIL (!) MB is in a particular kind of state but I still don't know what state that could be. I think it only happens if I return to MB after I let it sit for a while (?), maybe only after the HD spun down (?) or some other (non) event? I really don't know. I have no issues with my mouse and particularly the fact it only happens after [...??] makes me think it's some kind of bug.

So thanks again for spending time with this but I don't consider it a real problem, it's just a tiny bit annoying, that's all.
Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 08:23:48 PM by peewee678

peewee678

Hi Steven,

I can now finally reproduce this bug:

1. Go to a locked Tab (you don't have to do anything else there)
2. Now Double click a folder name (! i.e. not icon or arrow) in the folder tree you haven't double clicked before.
3. (Optional): Goto step 1 to repeat ;-) (but in that case be sure to choose a different folder in step 2 because each folder misbehaves only once!).

Easy as that. The behaviour I was describing occurs everytime you do this: folder opens and immediately closes again.
Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 04:07:54 PM by peewee678

Steven

• Administrator
yes i can reproduce this using those steps and i know what the issue is now. However i will leave the behavior as-is because the required fix is too much of a change in proportion to the issue itself

peewee678

Thanks for taking the time to reproduce it and to reply.

I totally understand your decision; I know how hard it sometimes can be to fix a simple bug and in some cases you just have to leave a bug as-is if it's something (like this) that is just a small annoyance.
Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 03:48:12 PM by peewee678