Author Topic: Skinning requests/reports for 3.1  (Read 148310 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
New elements for 'visualizer volume' peak and VU please. I'd like to change the background and then apply a gradient to the volume bars, so the same options as are currently available for the spectrum visualizer.
Bumped (per Steven's request)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
given i am enhancing the skin creator, it makes sense to do this now but i am not understand the first 2 points. Can you do a quick mockup?

maybe we could also have the spectrum from the mini player (wide layout)?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
Items bumped as per Steven's request.
In order of priority:

<element id="PlayerSplitProgressYOffset">Above</element>
was introduced for 3.0 to place the values above the progress bar
could <element id="PlayerSplitProgressYOffset">Below</element>
be added to place the values below the progress bar, when it's used as the top-most element in the player bar
(refer to my Rain skin if you need a visual of what I mean)

an override for deleted items in the tag inspector please

or have them use the fg value from id="Controls.InputControl.Disabled" element

could element id="NowPlayingList[TrackDetail].ItemSeparatorLine"
be added to the NowPlayingList[TrackDetail] overrides please.

A "fg2" attribute for
<element id="Content[Artwork].ArtworkText" bg="X,X,X" fg="X,X,X" />
to override the auto-generated "show album count" colouring (when selected)

when using the "MainPanelMargin" elements and the player is in the top panel, a line is needed to close the top of the header bar

I suggest
<element id="PlayerTopFlat.BaseLine" bg="xxx,xxx,xxx" />
and probably
<element id="PlayerTopFlatBLMargin">1</element>
to allow it to be matched with different panel margin widths

The border attribute of
<element id="HeaderBar" bg="248,250,245" fg="120,109,69" bdr="244,242,230" />
draws the line at the bottom of the header but,
the border attribute of
<element id="Panel.ChildHeader.Default" bg="42,48,47" fg="155,160,161" bdr="9,184,119" />
puts the line at the top of the header.

Could we please have a bdr2 attribute for element id="Panel.ChildHeader.Default"
to draw a line at the bottom so it matches the Header Bar
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

*better elements for the tag editor

*alternate Tabs Bar background when the library header bar is hidden

The Tag Editor is one that has bugged me since I first started skinning for MusicBee.  Some of the pieces have their own elements, and some are linked to elements in other panels, which creates inconsistencies.

Examples (looking at Mellon Remix, if it matters):

*Most of the borders in the tag editor are controlled by "InputPanel.Default", but there are a few spots that use "Controls.FaintLine".  Those only exist on some tabs, and the contrast color I use for Preferences looks weird in the Tag Editor.  Oh, and the border between the background and "Toolbar.Body" is controlled by something else, I can't even figure out what right now (neither fg or bdr on Toolbar.Body has an effect).

*The fact that ALL the tab borders are controlled by "InputPanel.Default" means that you can't have, for instance, a different border on the inactive tabs.

*Likewise, both the background color and the active tab color are controlled by "InputPanel.Default", so you can't have a contrast between the background and the tab.

Does EditPanel.Default even do anything anymore?  I have it marked as "Tag Editor Window" on the wiki but I don't see any effect when I edit it.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Alumni

I think I could do something where the album cover location is expressed as being flush to the left or right edge of the player panel ie. when the user enables the album cover, MB lays out the panel as though it was a smaller panel for the other elements. If that works for you then let me know

Yeah, I think I know what you mean and it sounds like a good solution. Perhaps the same way this foobar skin does it (zoom in to see full size): http://orig00.deviantart.net/a31e/f/2017/053/1/3/eole_by_alibalicou-da2dav8.png
Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 06:28:35 AM by Alumni

Alumni

I have added support for wavebars. Because the layout would likely change quite substantially, the wavebar layout has its own layout definition file:
skin_wavebar.xml

its exactly the same format as the skin.xml file, except when the final compiled skin is generated, only the layout fields are used and any image files ignored ie. only the images from the skin.xml file are actually used.
The wavebar element itself is defined as:
Code
<element id="WaveBar" parent="TrackInfoPanel">
  <left relativeTo="Spectrum.Right" offset="25" />
  <right relativeTo="TrackInfoPanel.Right" offset="-8" />
</element>
You cant control its height - just the X location and width

For backwards compatability reasons you cant use or reference the wavebar element in the skin.xml file

I must be missing something, because so far I haven't been able to show the wavebar in the player controls panel with my updated bitmap skin. Should the option be in the panel layout context menu? Am I supposed to make a copy of skin.xml, add the new wavebar element and save it as skin_wavebar.xml? I'm also a bit confused why the left position is relative to the spectrum.
Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 07:50:50 AM by Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
its possible the wavebar option has not been added everywhere it should. It definitely should be available using right click on the player panel/ Layout/ and select WaveBar

you can use the skin.xml file as a starting point for the skin_wavebar.xml file. The skin_wavebar.xml needs to include the WaveBar element. The code example I provided is just an example. You can make the wavebar relative to anything sensible you want.
Note that when MB displays the wavebar, the progress bar and text elements are hidden so there is no point including them in the skin_wavebar.xml file

Alumni

It definitely should be available using right click on the player panel/ Layout/ and select WaveBar

Hmm still not seeing that option. I sent you a PM with my skin sources, maybe it will help.

Iasc

Bump

When you revisit skinning could you please implement a fade effect for

"NowPlaying[AlbumAndTracks].AlbumSeparatorLine"

"Content[AlbumAndTracks].ItemSeparatorLine"

"Content[TrackDetail].ItemSeparatorLine"

Steven

• Administrator
It definitely should be available using right click on the player panel/ Layout/ and select WaveBar

Hmm still not seeing that option. I sent you a PM with my skin sources, maybe it will help.
I wont be able to look at it until tonight. Are you using the very latest MB version I uploaded last night; did you regenerate the skin.xmlc file and then copy it to the musicbee skins folder; and I guess lastly are you sure the wavebar layout you specified is valid and will have a width?

Alumni

I wont be able to look at it until tonight. Are you using the very latest MB version I uploaded last night; did you regenerate the skin.xmlc file and then copy it to the musicbee skins folder;

I updated to version 3.1.6332, then re-compiled the skin with the new xml file.

and I guess lastly are you sure the wavebar layout you specified is valid and will have a width?

As far as I can tell.

Steven

• Administrator
there was a bug affecting the wavebar if you have no high dpi images. Thats corrected now

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpcatzggo6bmtgz/SkinCreator2.zip?dl=1
Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 09:31:24 PM by Steven

Alumni

there was a bug affecting the wavebar if you have no high dpi images. Thats corrected now

Great - I've got it working now. I notice TrackPosition is still displaying even though I removed it from skin_wavebar.xml, is that intentional?
Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 09:31:44 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
Great - I've got it working now. I notice TrackPosition is still displaying even though I removed it from skin_wavebar.xml, is that intentional?
yes i would expect MB applies its own defaults. If its a problem let me know but you could position it off screen as well

Alumni