Author Topic: Milkdrop Visualiser Support  (Read 204928 times)

usraek

Is there any way to make Milkdrop capture hotkeys without setting a global assignment? The visualiser takes focus when fullscreen and none of the inbuilt Milkdrop hotkeys work, nor the Musicbee ones, so I need to exit full screen to change to next shuffled track then back to full screen.  :-\

EDIT:
After playing around, it would seem that global hotkeys aren't functioning at all when I enable Milkdrop. They work properly when not in the visualiser. Any ideas?
Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 06:50:08 PM by usraek

slyr114

Hey guys, me again. The visualizer still works great but after updating to the 2.5 betas my Milkdrop now takes control of my keyboard. What i mean is that if i try and type stuff it acts like im using the key commands for the program, even when its not in focus. I have two monitors if that helps. I litreally cant type at all if the visualizer is running. Any ideas?

xenodius

Ok, I was getting random crashes, just reinstalled my OS and musicbee and fixed that, and got r/tryptonauts milkdrop plugin running.  Yay!

But, unfortunately, some of the hotkeys don't work-- I can lower the rating of tracks, but not increase them, and I can pick presets through the L menu but I can't lock one in (ScrollLock).  Anyone have any guesses?

Thanks in advance...  ;D

redwing

I noticed if any of the required DirectX 9 drivers are missing, activating milkdrop pops up the following window:

Looks like it came from the old Winamp. If you click yes, it directs to a dead link.

Steven, if you could fix the link of the pop-up window, that'd be great. Otherwise, use the following link to download "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer" (it's the same as the one in first post): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

This issue has not been addressed yet. The link has been updated:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35

Steven

• Administrator
This issue has not been addressed yet. The link has been updated:
the message is not controlled or displayed by musicbee

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Has anybody had this working on Win 10?  With MB 3.0 and Win 10, I get an instant crash ("MusicBee has stopped working") when I try to use it.  No error log.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Has anybody had this working on Win 10?  With MB 3.0 and Win 10, I get an instant crash ("MusicBee has stopped working") when I try to use it.  No error log.

I've got it working.  I found that I can't have had any other visualiser or theater mode running before using Milkdrop otherwise I get that error too.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

I have no issue running it and other visualizers. Did you have run DirectX 9 installer above?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Does it need to be exactly 9? Because I have something newer.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

Yes, you have to as it needs some old drivers. That linked installer will take care of it.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Okay, I downloaded and installed it as found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

But still getting the crash. (I tried running MB explicitly with both my integrated graphics card and discrete graphics card, but that didn't make any difference.)
Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 07:36:20 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That one just tells me that a newer or equivalent version is already installed.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

That's strange. I didn't get that message when I ran it on Windows 10.

Then you might need to uninstall your current DirectX and reinstall it, but I'm not sure.
Anyway the reason you can't run milkdrop is your DirectX doesn't have some required DirectX 9 drivers installed.

redwing

Do you have these files under \Windows\System32 folder?

"Mildrop2 requires d3dx9_31.dll to be present
Fullscreen video OSD requires d3dx9_42.dll to be present."

(http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=316508)