Author Topic: Milkdrop Visualiser Support  (Read 111268 times)

audisteezer

This is how I got it working from scratch.

I have a portable SSD to where I installed my Music Bee Portable Version.

On My main Windows 10 PC I ran into all the problems getting Milkdrop to work but eventually with a lot of copying and pasting and back and forth it all now works. What is curious is that when I plugged my external SSD into a different Windows10 Laptop, milkdrop ran first time. This leads me to believe only the 3 files are needed to be copied to the Plugins directory. I also copied the script posted on the previous page into milkdrop2.ini file but not tried without it.

I ran the Directx web installer and copied over the 3 files (D3DX9_31.dll, D3XD9_43.dll & D3DCompiler_47.dll from my syswow64 folder to my MusicBee/Plugins folder. I believe these versions are correct and resolved milkdrop not starting as I had previously downloaded those files from random sites. I suggest checking those .dlls are exactly the right version and you should be able to start MilkDrop without the Directx Message or the Graphics Driver message. (I've had both errors on my journey to get it working!) Finally if it throws up a message about any missing files from /data then check your Data folder is in MusicBee/Plugins/Milkdrop2/Data. Hope this post helps someone somewhere. I set up an account just to share this info!
I had milkdrop working a year ago and since then a windows update corrupted my ssd and i have been installing musicbee and milkdrop again.  When i open milkdrop i get an error saying C:\Program Files (x86)\musicbee\plugins\milkdrop2\data\include fix unable to read the data file.  did you encounter this error?

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7443 P
The best 9,854 Milkdrop presets selected from 52k (all fRating=5.000), released after months of testing by Jason Fletcher.
Includes preview images of each preset. The presets have been organized into 11 category folders:
Dancer, Drawing, Fractal, Geometric, Hypnotic, Particles, Reaction, Sparkle, Supernova, Waveform, Transition.

https://thefulldomeblog.com/2020/02/21/nestdrop-presets-collection-cream-of-the-crop

Best regards: Freddy

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7443 P

KalYau

I'm using a 6 year old laptop with Windows 10, all updated, with the integrated Intel 4000 graphics chip, also updated driver.

I put the Milkdrop folder into the Plugins folder, and then (and this is where I think I screwed up) I added the dll file using MB's "add visualizer" option. I've since removed the Milkdrop folder and tried to redo it, but no luck. The path is wrong in the second image because I initially set the MD folder into the plugins folder, but I put the MD folder in both plugin and root directory locations just to make sure MB would find it.

I also noticed after dropping the visualizer plugin  "Old Sonique" into the MB plugin directory, (I restarted MB), MusicBee isn't seeing it when I go to View>Visualizations. It's not there.

After an evening of troubleshooting, I was able to diagnose this issue, as I was having it on my Windows 10 system. This issue seems to occur only if you are unable to have administrative rights to access said MusicBee plugins folder. For me, I had an issue because I couldn't modify my Windows App Store folder of MusicBee. I was able to bypass this issue by downloading the non-App store version, and could use my MilkDrop plugin just fine that way.

DrRoboculous

The best 9,854 Milkdrop presets selected from 52k (all fRating=5.000), released after months of testing by Jason Fletcher.
Includes preview images of each preset. The presets have been organized into 11 category folders:
Dancer, Drawing, Fractal, Geometric, Hypnotic, Particles, Reaction, Sparkle, Supernova, Waveform, Transition.

https://thefulldomeblog.com/2020/02/21/nestdrop-presets-collection-cream-of-the-crop

Best regards: Freddy

When i try to open one of the folders by loading presets within Musicbee it crashes the whole thing when i select the folder in the presets menu and hit Enter. Does this happen to anyone else? How to avoid this? Any help?
Thanks!

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7443 P
Hi DrRoboculous,

I used to have a few problems on an old PC, similar to those you mention, then I got to using this method that works fine every time...

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=30813.msg170706#msg170706

Freddy