Author Topic: Podcasts imported as duplicates  (Read 2119 times)

sleepless

Could someone PLEASE tell me why this keeps happening? When I import podcasts from my files, MB doesn't recognize them and places them at the bottom of the list (not even sorted in any order. The link to the feeds for the episodes I just imported remains unchanged. I'd really really really appreciate the ability to click on a feed link and 'locate/link it to an existing file, like you can if a music file is missing.

Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:27:13 PM by sleepless

sleepless

Could someone please help me with this? This is a very frustrating problem. If it's not a priority just let me know and I'll deal with it. Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
what do you mean by "imported files"? and if they are external files not downloaded by MB then how are you adding them to MB?
also what do you mean by "this keeps happening" - it sounds like you have some repeating process.
I guess i just dont understand exactly what you are doing or why

sleepless

I apologize if I'm not being clear. I struggle at times with brain damage (no joke). I can form sentances well enough but sometimes I lose complete thoughts that I'm trying to convey, no matter how many times I read over my post.

"what do you mean by "imported files"? and if they are external files not downloaded by MB then how are you adding them to MB?"

I mean dragging a file from a folder on my PC, and dropping it into the MB library. This is how I originally imported all of my podcast files into MB. Every podcast in my MB library (over 1000 files) was imported this way from local files.

"also what do you mean by "this keeps happening" - it sounds like you have some repeating process."

The process is neccessary because my wife still uses itunes to transfer music/podcasts to her ipod. However podcast files are NOT compatible between itunes and MB. Meaning itunes will not organize a file that was downloaded within MB. However, as I stated earlier, I originally imported all my itunes podcast files into the MB library with success. So in order to avoid storing 2 copies of each episode, I decided to import episodes within itunes and then transfer them to the MB library. Unfortunately it didn't always work, but if I edited the tags MB would eventually organize it. But now it never works, even if the tags are exactly as they would be if MB imported the file. Currently I can download an episode in MB, copy that exact file, and MB won't recognize it if I try to drag it in.

This means that the only way to get a podcast episode into the library is to import it from within MB, which really sucks. I mean what about those of us who have pre-existing podcast libraries? And why did it work before?

I wish that it was at least possible to "locate" a podcast file from within MB. It's possible for music files, so why not podcasts? I mean if a music file is missing, MB will display a message: "The source file for track 'whatever' could not be found. Would you like to locate it?" You can then link the MB track to the correct file. I tried to do this by editing the file properties in the tag editor with no success.

Another thing that I find very frustrating with MB podcasts is that there's no option to delete a podcast in the library only (like with music files). Any deleting removes the file out of your personal folders permanently, no option to keep the file.

It seems as though the podcast experience just isn't a priority right now. I've posted many times here with questions related to podcasts and they rarely get answered. I guess I'll just give up on using MB for podcasts, which to me is really dissapointing. I'm just not willing to store 2 copies of each podcast right now. If you have any thoughts on how to make this work, it would be appreciated.

**I guess I should add: Would it be possible to somehow change the way MB tags podcasts, so that they're compatible with itunes?
Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 02:34:30 AM by sleepless

Steven

• Administrator
can you PM me a link to a ZIP of one of the files and also the subscription link where it was sourced from