Author Topic: Artist pictures  (Read 15256 times)

redwing

Are you sure that's not part of your picture? In that case you will need to crop it out.

rurutia10

Are you sure that's not part of your picture? In that case you will need to crop it out.

Cropping it does not seem to change anything, with all pictures for all artists there's the white space at the bottom. Is it a bug?

redwing

Can you post screenshots of your panel layout configuration and the full shot of your MB?

rurutia10

Can you post screenshots of your panel layout configuration and the full shot of your MB?

pmed you

redwing

I see what the issue is. Add another element over or under artist picture element to the right sidebar. Then you will be able to adjust its height.

rurutia10

I see what the issue is. Add another element over or under artist picture element to the right sidebar. Then you will be able to adjust its height.

That's it, thanks.

redwing

There's another condition. Another element above or below artist picture element should be a height-adjustable element like playing tracks or artist bio, otherwise adding it won't make artist picture element resizable.

rurutia10

There's another condition. Another element above or below artist picture element should be a height-adjustable element like playing tracks or artist bio, otherwise adding it won't make artist picture element resizable.

Yeah, I found out. I even installed the portable version with 3.0 just to find out if something's wrong with my settings lol, and messed around with all of the panel settings, what a process that was. In the end I found it out myself, but you were still a massive help, because I was about to give up.

Basically, have a stack of artist picture/artist bio, and under that, track information. Use that to adjust to height of your artist picture (I made it go down all the way), and then I removed the track information element, and the artist picture height stays the same.

Honestly, this is why I said that other guy used magic to make his artist picture element look like that. I just couldn't figure it out.
Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 05:02:58 PM by rurutia10

redwing

Basically, have a stack of artist picture/artist bio, and under that, track information. Use that to adjust to height of your artist picture (I made it go down all the way), and then I removed the track information element, and the artist picture height stays the same.

That's a great tip! Would you mind posting it on the MB's hidden features thread? That will help save others from the same trouble you went through.

KissCool

Nothing magic! ;) I already explained everything here (that's why I wasn't sure about your issue and asked for a screenshot when you PMed me):

Here the trick. Just stack the artist picture with a random element (for example, I'm using the Artist Bio element). Works in all lateral panel (sidebar or lateral main panel).
Display the random element (Artist Bio), resize it then switch to the artist picture. If no picture is displayed, just restart MusicBee. Depending on your layout, you may also have to sacrifice a 3rd element (Track information in my screenshot).

Now, if you wanna go further, here another tip:
The issue with the previous trick: the picture doesn't fill the blank space left by the 3rd element when you remove it (Track information in my picture, bottom left corner):

So, if you want this blank space to be filled by the picture like this:

!!! DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!
Close MusicBee
Open your MusicBee3Settings.ini (AppData\MusicBee3Settings.ini)
Ctrl + F -> search for "AP_Height"
Enter the desired height in pixels (you should measure the exact height before)
Ctrl + S
Start MusicBee
Enjoy!

Steven

• Administrator
i am planning to make the stand-along artist picture resizable since people clearly want this and you shouldnt have to resort to tricks

rurutia10

i am planning to make the stand-along artist picture resizable since people clearly want this and you shouldnt have to resort to tricks

:D

It's fucking beautiful tbh and I'll keep it forever

redwing

What's the trick for those rounded artist pictures? Are you editing each picture like that?

KissCool

Unfortunately, there's no trick.
I refrain myself to ask too many things to Steven (well, it's not working well ;)), so I was about to edit all my artist pictures but there's 2 issues that make it pointless:
 - the 1st one is just a personnal preference, so not a big deal: centered text for artist picture and left aligned text for album cover is not doable (work fine until you restart MusicBee)
 - the more anoying one: this one pixel frame in the thumbnail browser

Steven

• Administrator
doing circular cropping is straight-forward but i have set myself the goal of completing v3 development by the end of the weekend so i will only do this if there is enough time