Author Topic: Support group by setting for Album Covers view  (Read 13175 times)

Steven

• Administrator
Another bug:
(-> = double click // <- = mouse navigate back button)
Artists view grouped by Artists/First Letter -> Album Covers View <- Artists view grouped by Artists/First Letter
Now I want Artist view grouped by Album Artists/1st letter-> Album Covers View <- Artists view grouped by Artists/First Letter (and not Album Artists)
You have to restart MusicBee each time you switch between Artists/AlbumArtists/Composers
i am not able to reproduce this by following those steps but i am able to reproduce a similar bug which is fixed for the next update. However i didnt need to restart MB to change it back to Album Artist/Composer so i cant say i am sure its the same as you had. Let me know if the next update doesnt fix it

Steven

• Administrator

Alumni

This feature makes it so much easier to navigate my library, it's hard to imagine going back to the way it was before.

The decades jump bar works great, but it would be even better if it followed endeavor's concept with the last digit of each year sandwiched in-between decades. Perhaps if the main panel is sized too small to fit all numbers the jumpbar could switch back to the basic layout.

Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 06:47:14 AM by Alumni

redwing

Regarding the decades jump bar, it doesn't show up, as expected, when vertically set. But clicking on certain points still work.
How about showing just some points without numbers when vertically set? Then it would be still usable to those who prefer vertical setup like me without having to change the layout when changing grouping setting.

yellowroad23

Is there a way to reverse 'Group by: Year (yyyy)' so that 2016 group is on top and oldest at the bottom?

redwing

Is there a way to reverse 'Group by: Year (yyyy)' so that 2016 group is on top and oldest at the bottom?

Sort by> Sort Descending

yellowroad23

Sort by> Sort Descending

That sorts albums within the groups from z-a, but 2016 group is still at the bottom.

redwing

Well, that puts the most recent year at the top for me.
If you want mixed sorting for year & other fields, creating a custom sorting would work better something like:
Year (Desc) / Album Artist / Album
Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 01:35:48 PM by redwing

yellowroad23

Well, that puts the most recent year at the top for me.
If you want mixed sorting for year & other fields, creating a custom sorting would work better something like:
Year (Desc) / Album Artist / Album

I'll try. Thank you for replying.