Author Topic: Search box: OR (+) operator and Search Specific Field URL = Bug  (Read 1756 times)

peewee678

I stumbled upon the following bug in Version: 2.5.5721 (Note: read all the following examples without quotation marks):

I have one folder containing 3 tracks with the word "fantasy" in the URL (i.e. the Path) and 4 tracks with the word "sonata". I search by using the Search box and search in the field "URL" and search only the said folder.

- If I search for "fantasy" I get the 3 results one would expect.
- The same goes for "sonata": 4 results.
- However: if I type "fantasy OR sonata" I get NO results while 7 results are expected.

If I search in another field (e.g. "title"), this bug does not occur. So it is specific for the "URL" field but it also occurs when combining "URL" with other fields like "title"

peewee678

Thanks Steven but are you sure? According to the manual (see below) and according to my findings, "OR" *is* supported and is the equivalent of +  Not only is it mentioned in the manual: it doesn't matter if I use OR or +, they both do the same and they both work when searching within "title" e.g. but not in said "URL"...

I quote form the manual:
"To include tracks by different artists, one can type in Philter OR Sadistik or "Machinae Supremacy" + "We Are)"
Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 05:21:28 PM by peewee678

redwing

URL search is not working at all on v3.

@peewee678: no point posting v2.5 bugs as it won't be addressed. If Steven fixes it for v3, try v3 beta.